Latest vs. Classic

Handoftheking26
Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, so OML is a "classic" now. So what are players hoping for? If you win an LT and it has no chance at OML you cool with that? Or do you wish you could trade it in for a classic and 5 cp? Or just trade it straight across? By making one clear "best 5*" out of only like 5-6 chars, the devs have made it so which LT you get is very important. So I'll add a poll, (again lol) how you feeling about no OML in your LT?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    well, since you asked (already posted about my OML way too much today - its like I'm obsessed or something), all I want is a yellow or 2. then I don't care. a useless 7-cover 5* should never be allowed to exist, but my 2/-/5 logan kills himself quickly against level 200+ pve opponents.

edit: I'm saving cp for now until I get more covered 4s maxed, but I'm going to be very tempted to go for OML in the classics before the 4th character is added to the classics and the % for each character goes from 3.33% to 2.5%. should have lots saved by then though and will have more maxed. gg is #5. #6 will move phoenix out of latest and then when #7 hits is likely when I'll blow my cp. should have several more 4s maxed by then - all the top ones, unless a new one quickly becomes 'meta' strong. last 'meta' character was rulk/cyke I think. nova has some potential, but haven't heard t6-8 from anyone.
  • Just cashed in all my Latest LTs before OML was removed from them. Didn't get any, but my stance on the issue is clear.

Now I will probably stockpile Latest LTs until another 5* with OML-like OP-ness is introduced.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will buy the cheapest, hope for OML. He's the only character that matters. SS and other 5*s may be good when I win another 5+ covers for them...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm buying the cheapest LTs, because 90% of the time the only thing they're good for is a 4* cover. I'm not going to spend 25% more for what's almost certainly the same cover on the miniscule chance that if I do get a 5* it'll be the 5* I want most.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had to read no farther than the first option. I have six or seven covers in Phoenix, and four in SS...but neither are really usable with that many covers.

OML with four covers I see -everywhere-. So, so OP compared to the other 5*'s with a few covers. The true healing portion of him seriously needs to be severely limited with one or two covers of those colors.
  • While I'm no longer at the point where I feel like I have to sell 5*s, I would still rather get 4* covers, so I go with classic since they cost less.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Classic until I've got a 550 Phoenix, OML and SS, so pretty much until the end of time.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Where's the option for Other?

Or, an option for "5*s have ALREADY destroyed my scaling, where is the 4* token that some of us believed you said you were going to give?" lol
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, what if we don't care about OML, this poll makes it sound like he is the only character in the game.. I need more surfer and Phoenix covers, and would love a BSSM purple..

That being said, i alternate depending on how much CP I have, no 5* is even at 10 covers yet, so any 5* pull is fine with me!
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Can we agree that the current system seriously lack strategic insight. It feels crude and incomplete.
    CPs gives D3 a ton of versatility and instead of using this versatility we get this lazy half assed implementation where ostensibly 5 CP is the difference for one character at 3.3%. Silly.

Here is what I would like to see:

Do away with LTs, they make no sense. Convert all LTs to 25 CPs.

On the screen where we buy classic/legendaries create a tier system. Wording could use some work but something like:

Latest heroes: 40 cp
    Legendary heroes: 25 cp
    Classic heroes: 15 cp

Latest: All characters released in the past 6 months. So group the 5* together, makes no sense to separate them yet because even the shittiest 5* is better than any 4*. So why suddenly move them away?

Legendary: Between 6 months. and 1.5 years old.

Classic: Older than 1.5 years. For now containing original 4*. Fury, IW, XF, Thor4* and soon to get HB.

This will provide two instant benefits:

- Players can decide where to invest and how
    - Going forward the rotation becomes rather simple. Each month there will be a slight reshuffle as characters age and get moved appropriately.

For now if someone wanted to finish their lady thor at the expense of chasing a 5*, they can do that with reasonable confidence.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I cashed in for 20 latest LTs on the night GG was added to the draw. managed to get . . . two BSS (which I was missing). As a completist, I'll willing to pay 5 extra cps for a shot at Green Goblin. I will probably hoard cps until Gwen/Nova are added to the draw next season.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Pongie wrote:
    I did recently opened 18 latest tokens hoping to get OML yellow before he rotated out.

icon_nickfury.pngblueflag.png
    icon_professorx.pngpurpleflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png
    icon_x23.pngredflag.png x2
    icon_mrfantastic.pngblueflag.pngblackflag.png
    icon_cyclops.pngredflag.pngblueflag.png
    icon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_miles.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png x2
    icon_hulkcho.pngblueflag.png
    icon_elektra.pngredflag.png
    icon_kingpin.pngyellowflag.png

and

OML redflag.png

Fairly terrible as the only 4* covers I could use were cho and miles.

Got about 500 command points saved up. Planning to open them when I have more 4* maxed and championed, painful to sell 4* covers for 1000 iso. Hopefully will have better luck with OML there.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Sorry if the poll seems incomplete. I was basically trying to get the point across that OML is BY FAR the most bogus 5* and many of us are just chasing his yellow. (mine is 2/0/1) And to see if his removal from one of the packs would cause concern. Myself, until i get his yellow I will always choose the one where OML is available. And I am super bummed he is no longer in both packs, so if i win a "latest" token I have no chance of getting the best 5* cover in the game.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry if the poll seems incomplete. I was basically trying to get the point across that OML is BY FAR the most bogus 5* and many of us are just chasing his yellow. (mine is 2/0/1) And to see if his removal from one of the packs would cause concern. Myself, until i get his yellow I will always choose the one where OML is available. And I am super bummed he is no longer in both packs, so if i win a "latest" token I have no chance of getting the best 5* cover in the game.

Since none of my 5*s are maxed out, I don't mind getting either latest or classic, but given that phoenix, oml and surfer are halfway there while I only have 2 spideys and 0 goblins, if the latest and classic were the same price I might be tempted to get latest instead to satisfy my collector tendency. But the opportunity cost of 5cp for only a small chance is too high, so I'm thankful for any latest token rewards I can get.