Fortify Tiles POSSIBLE behavior issue

Unknown
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello fellow forumites. I have been playing on and off since day 1 and I can say even though I hardly post i read the forums daily. Given what we know about locked tiles and the new fortify tiles I pose this question to the dev regarding Fortified tiles behavior. Please keep in mind english is not my native language so will try to be as clear as possible.

question: Given the fact that fortified tiles CAN be moved(unlike locked tiles), what were to happen in the scenario that 3 fortified tiles are matched? I know the Fortified status will be removed, but the tiles themselves? Say we have Daken making red attack tiles like crazy. We have 3 attack tiles that have been fortified by GG and can be matched(a scenario that is likely to happen with many types of tiles). if we match said 3 red attack tiles they will no longer be fortified. But in the game the three of them will be right next to each other but not fortified.

Example in a grid. F= fortified red attack tile, R= red attack tile, B = Basic

Matching fortified tiles
fortified status is removed
left with 3 red attack tiles in a row

BBF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BBB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BBB
FFB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FFF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RRR
BBB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BBB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BBB

How will the game handle this scenario of three same colored tiles in a row post removal of fortify? Being a programmer myself I enjoy looking at this types of crazy scenarios. In this case it can be quite common. Even three goblin bombs that have been fortified and can be matched will cause this.

As stated by dev matching is similar to locked tiles, so the tile will remain but locked status/fortified status will be removed. The main difference is that we have never been able to move locked tiles. Maybe the game will auto rematch the 3 tiles in a row, so fortified status will be removed and then the tiles themselves will be rematched and be removed. This sounds like the most likely scenario. Care to answer?

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd expect the game to simply treat it like a cascade. You made your move, tiles fell into place to fill the space left by any that were destroyed (which in this case is zero) and the result is a match-three.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    So then would you get 3 red AP, or 6? This is an interesting question...

Honestly tho, what percentage of the player base will be seeing this anytime soon? Only the mega-whales will be sporting covered Goblins withing the next few months anyway, and I don't know about y'all, but I'm just gonna hit that ole "Skip" button if I run across one of them...

*Edit* Also, and perhaps more importantly...how are these Strike tiles becoming fortified in the first place? I just read over Goblins specs in the character thread, and unless I'm missing something, only Countdown tiles get fortified...
  • Thanks for the link above. So many other scenarios to consider that I was not even aware of. Interesting and hope they will be answered soon. Again I am sure for the moment/or ever for that matter this might not be common but there are so many possible scenarios they will happen every so often.

P.S. for Tanis3303, taken straight from the fortify tiles link announcement:

- Any kind of tile can be fortified with the exception of Locked tiles and already Fortified tiles.

- Fortified tiles, unlike locked tiles, continue to function normally. This means that countdown tiles continue to tick down, strike and protect tiles continue to contribute to match and power strength and attack tiles will continue to do damage at the end of the turn.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    So then would you get 3 red AP, or 6? This is an interesting question...
    When you match a locked tile, you don't get AP or deal damage for it. I would guess the same holds true for fortified tiles, since you're not destroying them. In the case of matching 3 fortified of the same color, the game state *should* destroy the locks (no AP or damage), then see another match immediately, destroying them normally. Whether this will trigger passive abilities once or twice is anybody's guess.
  • should try puzzle and glory by demiurge, the have a fortify system on there, three of the same color fortified tiles match twice in a row double ap gain, once to drop fort then are matched away. match 4+ line destroys only the fortification status leaves tile. if its a special tile that take tiles with them upon activating, it removes fortification from surrounding tiles n leave tiles, if special tile is originally destroyed when activated then it will still be destroyed fortified or not. strike tiles and others that are not destroyed when activated simply lose fortification. fortified tiles are just free floating double tap tiles

Edit: not sure how will work for mpq... 3 fortified red probably wouldn't generate double ap... maybe..
    fff >>> rrrr > 3 ap
    frr>>> rbb > 2 ap something like that