Stealth change to Leg Token RNG?

Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I have had a strange run that I know is statistically possible but the last several Legendary tokens I have opened have all been 4* characters I have yet to roster. Now keep in mind I did have a decent number of 4* characters and at the time I was only missing 6: Thing, Falcap, Ghost Rider, Miles, Venom and Gwen. Well 4 of the last 5 tokens I have opened have been in this order Falcap, Thing, Ghost Rider, and now I just opened a Miles token. I think there may have been a Kingpin token thrown in there but the chances of opening tokens for characters I don't have rostered from 4 out of 5 tokens is high and the fact they were I believe in order of oldest 4* non-rostered to newest was interesting too (maybe Thing came out before Falcap, can't remember). So I am predicting my next Legendary token I open should be Venom right?

Edit- I remember the Kingpin cover was from an Event token so it has actually been 4/4 in the last 4 Legendary tokens I have opened. These were all opened within the last two weeks as well.

Comments

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Well there you go, simon. Someone finally commenting on an unusually even distribution.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Fail to see anything unusual here. This is just as random as another player who got 3 out of 4 Chulk covers. It is random and we can draw all sorts of conclusions based on why it appears to be "custom", but it is just randomness.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    rkd80 wrote:
    Fail to see anything unusual here. This is just as random as another player who got 3 out of 4 Chulk covers. It is random and we can draw all sorts of conclusions based on why it appears to be "custom", but it is just randomness.

No. You draw 3 out of 4 dude brolk covers that isn't randomness that is the universe telling you it hates you and that it wants you to be sad.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well there you go, simon. Someone finally commenting on an unusually even distribution.
    And all we had to do was reduce the sample size to 4 to get there icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    I've noticed the same thing, I was missing six, Carnage, Ghost Rider, Miles, Iceman, Jean, Antman. The last 3 I've opened were Iceman, GhostRider and Carnage.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Why not post about the time you pulled, say, 4 covers in a row for characters you already had rostered?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I once pulled 9 characters that I hadn't rostered in a row, since then (about 31 tokens ago) I've only pulled ones I did have. See how neat statistics are when you use a bigger data set?
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Why not post about the time you pulled, say, 4 covers in a row for characters you already had rostered?
    8 out of 12 Legendary tokens gave me covers for characters that I had already rostered. Another gave me a cover for a character that I had not rostered but already had a cover waiting in queue. Note that I don't have even half the 4 stars.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like the longer I play this game, the more likely I am to draw characters I already have rostered. It's a conspiracy.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Every single token I open is a freakin' dupe. Although I do have every 4* rostered. Not sure if that makes a difference with my absurd bad luck.

(from The Simpsons): Carl: Hey I got a question. How come oldies stations are always playing the same song. How bout some NEW oldies, geniuses!
This discussion has been closed.