Getting attacked by same player without retaliating?

Options
Yeggy
Yeggy Posts: 81
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I just got attacked 4 times in the span of 20 minutes without me ever retaliating before the end of Fresh Cut event. Is this even possible? Why? First I thought it was because I skipped the player and he was able to queue me up again, so I didn't skip him and he still attacked me.... Momo whatever guy, if you're on the forums, I hate you.

Does anyone know if this is suppose to happen at all?

In any case I still got top 5 in Fresh Cut with 4/5/3 lvl 77 C.Storm 1/3/2 lvl 53 Psylocke and 5/5/3 lvl 68 Moonstone. I did it without using a single shield throughout the event!! I also got top 5 in the Russia event at the same time! So screw you Universe! I also pulled 3 rares out of standard tokens today! Yeggy - 1, universe - 0. Who needs to sleep at 5 a.m anyway.

Sorry for the rant and the bragging but sleep deprivation got the best of me.

So is it normal for one player to hunt you down without you ever retaliating?

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeggy wrote:
    I just got attacked 4 times in the span of 20 minutes without me ever retaliating before the end of Fresh Cut event. Is this even possible? Why? First I thought it was because I skipped the player and he was able to queue me up again, so I didn't skip him and he still attacked me.... Momo whatever guy, if you're on the forums, I hate you.

Does anyone know if this is suppose to happen at all?

In any case I still got top 5 in Fresh Cut with 4/5/3 lvl 77 C.Storm 1/3/2 lvl 53 Psylocke and 5/5/3 lvl 68 Moonstone. I did it without using a single shield throughout the event!! I also got top 5 in the Russia event at the same time! So screw you Universe! I also pulled 3 rares out of standard tokens today! Yeggy - 1, universe - 0. Who needs to sleep at 5 a.m anyway.

Sorry for the rant and the bragging but sleep deprivation got the best of me.

So is it normal for one player to hunt you down without you ever retaliating?

This is more likely in the higher MMR levels. With a ton of people shielded at high point values, the same 5-6 people show up in your MMR queue. As a result, that guy probably saw that your roster was comparably easier to fight than the other teams in his queue, so he skipped until he found you so that he could rack up some easy wins. This problem tends to go away as you build a scarier defensive team and level up your guys.