Best way to spend Heroic Points

inEden
inEden Posts: 41
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi,

I haven't played MPQ in over a year. Last time I was really into it was Jan 2015. Just coming back now and there are so many new things in the game. One of them being that you can't spend HP to rank up abilities anymore.

When I was playing the only thing I spent my HP on was shields, roster slots and to rank up important covers.

So what is the best way to spend Heroic Points? Apart from roster slots and shields. I spend much of my time working so spending real money for covers every now and then was a way for me to catch up somewhat. I looked at the rates for packs and they are still terrible.

Progression in this game has always been so tedious, which is a weird thing to feel because I wish I had more time to play it!

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have a go at all the 100HP daily deals

This. Now that all PVEs have a vault, those daily deals are a good way to spend leftover HP.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:

This. Now that all PVEs have a vault, those daily deals are a good way to spend leftover HP.
    After shields and roster slots you have left over HP for tokens?
  • inEden
    I don't spend that much at all. But after a year I have a stockpile of HP. A pretty large one which I don't know where it came from (maybe from logging in every now and then and playing for a couple days). Not complaining though.

Not to mention I don't play enough to burn through shields and roster slots (I already have heaps of roster slots, got nearly all the 3*. A bunch of 4*. Some choice 2* and three 1*). Unfortunately I can't play in all the events so I need to choose one that has the covers I want and at the rate that I play it'll take forever to max out a character as I am unable to pump up ranks.
  • Pylgrim
    wymtime wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

After shields and roster slots you have left over HP for tokens?

Usually yeah. it's hard to say exactly how much nowadays but I used to be able to shield+slots and have leftover HP enough that I could buy a 4* cover every 2 months or so back when you could use HP for that.
  • inEden
    Yep. Buying ranks in covers was a great way for myself to catch up. I can understand why they took it out as there are those that work hard for them but the reality is that they are pushing semi-serious/pro-casual like me out of the game. Or if I am generalizing too much, at the very least they are pushing players like me out of the game.

I am not casual enough that I'll be happy with a roster full of 3s and one team of 4s. I want to dabble in on the higher end and ride the power creep wave. If only for a while (like a few patches).

On the flipside I am not going to do what I did a year ago and set alarms and hit every refresh and every shield and raid lightning rounds all day long. Buying ranks in covers was a way for me to enjoy the characters I wanted to level up and use. I don't want to max all the strong 4's out there. Just the characters that I love.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Recalling Team Ups...?
  • wymtime
    madsalad wrote:
    Recalling Team Ups...?
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been spending 100 HP per day on event vault tokens. Now that almost all my 3*s are champed, I generally win a useful prize. Due to championing, I'm currently winning more HP than I'm spending. I keep my HP at a minimum of 5000. If I start to dip below due to buying new roster slots, I'll stop buying the tokens until I'm back to 5000.

Even so, I don't buy the 100 HP daily Heroic token, because that one doesn't improve odds on a better token, like the vault does. If at some point I'm at 10,000+ HP, I may start doing that.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I have been spending 100 HP per day on event vault tokens. Now that almost all my 3*s are champed, I generally win a useful prize. Due to championing, I'm currently winning more HP than I'm spending. I keep my HP at a minimum of 5000. If I start to dip below due to buying new roster slots, I'll stop buying the tokens until I'm back to 5000.

Even so, I don't buy the 100 HP daily Heroic token, because that one doesn't improve odds on a better token, like the vault does. If at some point I'm at 10,000+ HP, I may start doing that.
    I Think you are better off spending those HP on a 10- or even 40-pack in a particularly good vault than on regular Heroic tokens.
  • Pylgrim
    Quebbster wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

I Think you are better off spending those HP on a 10- or even 40-pack in a particularly good vault than on regular Heroic tokens.

That's arguable. Yes, the odds are better but a Vault 40 pack costs 9800 HP... if you spent that much HP in daily 100 HP tokens instead, you'd be opening almost 2.5x that amount of tokens. If you get unlucky and don't open any of the 4*s you need, it may have been a monstrous waste of HP.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I only use Hero Points for roster slots. As a dedicated but not affluent player, I can't justify spending them on anything else. There are 23 characters I don't have in my roster and only seven of those are star.pngstar.pngstar.png or higher. It's likely that the next time I receive a cover for a character I don't have will be about the time I've earned enough HP to buy another roster slot.
  • wymtime
    I only use Hero Points for roster slots. As a dedicated but not affluent player, I can't justify spending them on anything else. There are 23 characters I don't have in my roster and only seven of those are star.pngstar.pngstar.png or higher. It's likely that the next time I receive a cover for a character I don't have will be about the time I've earned enough HP to buy another roster slot.
    You don't need to be an affluent player to have a surplus of HP. Depending on how you score in PVP if you can get all the HP on a Late climb you could use a 3HR shield and still have enough for roster slots. Because you are missing so many characters roster slots are he number one thing you should use HP on, but if you can get to 725 in PVP and do well in PVE you can earn a lot of HP. Also with all the 2* you have by championing them you will earn a lot of HP as well.
    Good luck on rostering the rest of th MPQ universe.