Team Ups

Unknown
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Does anyone else think that team ups should be more freely rewarded after matches and not so reliant on coming from alliance members?
i was in an alliance for a long time (ive been playing the game since its beta phase and joined an alliance long term when they were introduced) and I was easily able to request team ups...

i have since left said alliance because i was a bit fed of alliance rules and regulations but now find that i NEVER have team ups nor many ways to obtain them . In most matches its not that big a deal but i have literally just had a match where the board was inundated with teamup tiles and I just wasnt able to use them so put me at a disadvantage straight away,...

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I rarely request from my alliance and I'm always swimming in them, but I also rarely focus on using them.

But simple question, why not join an alliance with either no rules or rules that fit your gameplay better? There's literally hundreds of both out there. That seems to be more what you need than a greater random drop, especially since requests can be more customized to what TU you actually would want.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Definitely join an alliance, even a casual one. You get alliance placement rewards for each event, even if they're minor they help.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    There are many casual alliances out there. I'm in one, and if we had any openings I'd gladly welcome you. Our only "rules" are to be polite to each other and be willing to send team-ups. We don't hold anyone to minimum scores or placements, although we DO strongly encourage everyone to play in alliance-dependent events like Galactus and Ultron.

I'd be willing to bet that there are quite a few more out there like us. You could always post in the Alliances sub-forum letting folks know what you're looking for.
  • BEK023
    BEK023 Posts: 10
    I think the team up system as a whole needs a complete redesign. Why on earth is Ragnaroks heal move a TU?? It does no damage, and only heals HIMSELF! Theres absolutely no benefit to it. Almost the same with IW's force crush... If you don't have any force bubs...it creates random bubs... that's it. Theres lots of other examples as well.

Then theres the random factor... when sending TU's to allies you have no control over what your sending them. If they ask for some board shaker moves.... You could be sending a character's heal or AOE! Its a great idea and keeps the social aspect of the game engaged but I would love to see some new ideas on them.

Peace!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I rarely use team-ups. I think it would be nice if we could sell them for Iso.

However... Enemy 4* team-ups? Don't get me started. I can manage many teams to the point of not receiving any damage, yet can get blasted for 2,000 hp EACH PERSON from their team up.
  • Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I really hope the revisit team- ups soon. I'm bored of them. They do come in handy when things are going bad, but I find myself going days without ever using one. They benefit the AI so much more, especially since they seem to get strong ones more often. I always enjoyed the old environmental tiles more. Also the design of the actual team-up tile is ugly. tutile.pngtutile.pngicon_e_confused.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to never use team-ups too. until I stopped overboosting stuff (wasted so much iso overboosting). now I severely limit my boost usage, and my team-up usage has increased dramatically.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    When they first came out with TU they dropped every match and we got 0 boosts. They have now made boosts able to drop from matches. Also when TU started they were the level you beat you opponent at so you could bring a 270 Juggs or something as a TU. The issue with TU dropping so much now is all the TU you would get from PVE. All the 2* powers are capped too low and if you get them from PVP you do too many mirror matches for those TU to be good. If you get TU from your alliance those can be much better because they can be strong powers from non boosted characters that will really help in the fight.