Classic Cyclops uncanny strategist not stacking

chill21genlee
chill21genlee Posts: 61 Match Maker
The description doesnt state that multiple tiles wont stack...so...why dont they?

A team up tile match with 2 uncan strat tiles active should yield the stated strongest color ap TIMES TWO...

Thoughts?

Is the text "...while one of these tiles is on the board..." from the desc. Meant to imply that only the first one produces the effect?
If so I feel it could really benefit from rewording.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the text "...while one of these tiles is on the board..." from the desc. Meant to imply that only the first one produces the effect?
    If so I feel it could really benefit from rewording.
    That's fairly clear, actually. The wording for the effect you hoped for would be "for every one of these tiles on the board..."
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suppose it could be very slightly more clear if it said "while any of these tiles is on the board" or "while one or more of these tiles is on the board".

For reference, Star-lord's Red and Yellow powers both state:

"While at least one such tile is on the board"

While Mr. Fantastic's Black power states "While one of these tiles is on the board"

So there's definitely room to clean up the wording somewhere and make it consistant
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nowhere does it say "each" one triggers the ability's effect. There are plenty of abilities that do have bad or incorrect wording... like cyke's red. But his yellow and MrF's black are stated accurately.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it did stack, this already useful power would probably be overpowered.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    If it did stack, this already useful power would probably be overpowered.
    wow, imagine that with kp purple and a 2marvel TU - yikes!