Game crashing mid match

Wooodd
Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
Does anyone else experience this? I'm trying to determine whether it is a bug in the game or my old knackered Galaxy S4.

Its predominantly just as a match starts, the tiles all fall into place, then the game closes (like a forced close). Once or twice it has happened mid game (generally when I'm doing well too, must force Health Pack use, wheres my tinfoil hat??).

It has been a once every so few weeks thing since around December, so no biggie, but during this Hulk event it has been relentless 2-3 per day. I had decided to really push this event and try and hit T10, just to see how much work is involved (and blimey there's some work involved sat at 100,000 points and just scraping 10th with over 1 1/2 days to go (slice 3)). Perhaps the additional hammer to the phone playing more is killing it, or its a bug I don't know.

So, is this an issue and has it got worse? If not, time for a new phone? Is the game really so resource heavy to **** out like that? It doesn't reset my phone just closes the game.

Just to clarify, I realise that there is a sub-forum for bugs and feel free to move this thread over once a few people have replied. I'd like to gauge a response first if possible.

Comments

• Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    mine does it occasionally - haven't noticed an increase lately though. I would say twice a week on average.

I'm running on steam so wouldn't say its hardware related (I'm definitely no expert though!)

generally happens to me before the start of the battle - ie the board populates & then a slight break in the music followed by closure.

Also tends to happen more with easier nodes for some reason - luckily I use Patch/Daken almost exclusively for easy nodes so the lost HP isn't normally that painful, just annoying
  • have had this issue for as long as I played the game....I took a season long break from pve....and noticed it happened very rarely. once I got back to playing both, it happens to me nearly everyday, but definitely at least every other day. I have sent nearly 100 complaints and get the same **** email back from D3.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    You would think that they should be able to distinguish between types of app closes and not penalise people for the game crashing rather than somebody forcing it to quit.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    The worst is running out of battery on your device right in the middle of a huge fight or during a shield hop. That happened to me once and I was so disappointed when I came back to the game fifteen minutes later and I had gone from a fight that would have pushed me over 1300 to losing that fight and being hit another 7 times to take me below 1050.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Crowl wrote:
    You would think that they should be able to distinguish between types of app closes and not penalise people for the game crashing rather than somebody forcing it to quit.

A crash and a force quit are generally going to look almost exactly the same from a code perspective (the code will just unexpectedly stop running at some point in either instance).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes the Facebook app on my phone decides it's time to update, which then crashes MPQ.
    I don't even have a Facebook account, so I am alway delighted when that happens.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Sometimes the Facebook app on my phone decides it's time to update, which then crashes MPQ.
    I don't even have a Facebook account, so I am alway delighted when that happens.

Can you remove the FB app?