3* champions and 1-cover 5*

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I championed Kamala Khan, and the legendary token for adding a cover to her yielded a icon_jeangrey.pnggreenflag.png.

Thing is, Khan is my sixth champion, so my sixth 3* character at 166+. I want to say the last time I pulled a 5* cover, I hadn't even championed one character, yet. What I'm wondering is, is there anybody in a similar boat in terms of number of 3* champions who has rostered a 5* without seriously adverse effect?

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    It's going to depend on how far along your other 3* are. I went from a soft capped 114 roster to 15-16 championed 3* and 3 5*. PvE is still very much manageable, but a little rough going at first. But since you've had a number of 3* championed already, your scaling is probably roughly where it's going to stay (barring an event where your championed characters are all buffed, but even that won't be too bad).

PvP is where it was most notable for me. My matchmaking went a lot harder. From seed teams straight to maxed covered teams, mostly fully covered 3* teams and a few 4* teams. A lower level player with a 5* sneaks in now and again, but usually aren't worth the effort. Though, to be fair, I'm a bum in PvP (I usually only hit 400-500 and then quit), so if you play harder you might be seeing more 4* teams right away.
  • It depends what you play. I believe the change in PvE scaling is minimal, especially for the extra tank/match damage they offer...

...but in PvP my scaling went right up and my 10 or so 166 3*'s were then only offered maxed 4* teams as an option after seeds... not so fun.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only have 1 champed 3* so far, and that's my only one I can right now. A good number are at 140. And a OML red that expires in one day that I am afraid to roster. I think I should sell it since it seems kind of worthless by itself (my only 5* so far). No 4* is even close to max, I am lucky to have all 3 colors in a few. Should I sell it?
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I have no 3* characters at max level, let alone championed. I have Surfer blue, Phoenix green+pink and OML black rostered to keep my 2* champions company. PvE is soul crushingly hard but I manage to get the 25 CP before the event ends and wind up somewhere between 60 and 90 in the rankings usually.

PVP is no longer an option. I have 0 points in Simulator. Every team that is offered up is full of championed 4* characters. Can't wait for them to start the matchmaking test.

I miss PvP but I'm not going to throw out the best characters in the game because the matchmaking system stinks. I'm making progress through PvE and if they fix PvP I'll buy some HP to show my appreciation.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I started a new account a little while ago. I have zero characters above level 40, and my best character is a 3* DP with 2 covers (followed by a level 40 2* Daken with no purple covers). I play on that account maybe four or five matches per week.

And I'm *still* bringing up 4* characters! How is this reasonable?