New Fortify Tiles & Ability Changes

13»

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Here is a different question, is this the fix to vision or is something else coming? Dave replied to my post yesterday that the announcement was coming today on the Vision changes. If his changes are the AI won't ping pong back and forth with his density and it now converts a tile that is a little underwhelming of a change. My preference would be to let him own attack tiles when he is in the center position like he was when he first came out in the game. Hat made him very usable and density heavy was then a very good ability.
    There's still information on Vision to be released, based on what Hi-Fi said in another thread yesterday. He said it would be posted today.

It was just posted and I think I was right this is the improvement to Vision. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    No but seriously... the prop bet odds makers have the over/under on bugs associated with this new feature at 7.5. I think there's pretty easy money to be made on the over.

This post no longer makes sense as the post prior to it was removed. The removed post contained satire, written from the future, describing bugs that were not yet live in the game.

As far as the on-topic portions of the post (of which there were many), I will repeat them here without parody/satire/light-heartedness.

Hey devs:
    Will you be able to fortify basic tiles?
    If so, can you fortify the tiles around a SW CD tile? Will the CD tile create purple tiles in the non-purple surrounding fortified tiles or is a fortified basic tile no longer a basic tile?
    If so, will the first match 5 created destroy the fortification and gather AP? Will it immediately be followed by another match 5 with the same 5 tiles?
    Can you use hexbolt to destroy the fortification status of a tile? Will that gain AP?
    Can you fortify a charged tile? Will the charged tile continue to count for Thoress' Smite? Will you do triple damage and gain triple AP when matching a fortified charged tile?
    You can't fortify a locked tile, but can you lock a fortified tile?
    If an enemy Doc Oc matches a fortified special tile, will he create attack tiles? If MrF was on your team at the time, would he generate heal? If you match a fortified red, yellow, or green tile while MrF's Black CD tile is out, will it activate as normal?
    What if you have three red fortified tiles lined up and you move one to match them? Will they match, lose their fortification, and then match again? Would Mr. F's black fire the first and second time they matched?
    Can Cap overwrite a fortified tile? Can Magneto?
    What happens when a CD tile that has been fortified reaches 0? Normally the CD tile is destroyed. Does it now simply remove the fortification?
    What about with CDs that go to 0, resolve, and then go back up (Punisher's Cocktail, Torch's Flame Jet, Ghost Rider's red, Black Panther's Blue)?
    Can Moonstone and Quicksilver swap a fortified tile? Does the fortification move with the tile or remain where it was?
    What happens when you match a trap tile that has been fortified?
    Can you steal or convert special tiles using abilities like Loki's Trickery or Moonstone's Control Shift if those tiles are fortified?

Thanks for your insight on this new feature.

I think I preferred the previous version, it was very creative. At least you weren't banned. I suspect a warning was issued though.
  • Omega Blacc
    Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Hahaha charged tiles made a comeback!

Two recharges from IM40 and 4hor can stunlock and destroy your entire team by herself. She gets stronger with each attack.

She was only level 190 and only has 4 red cards. No one could stop her. It was glorious.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    So if a 3 turn CD tile is passively fortified by Green Goblin, and then the next turn it is matched, un-fortifying it, does GG re-fortify it with his passive the next turn? Seems like infinifortify. I just made up that word.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    mega ghost wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Any kind of tile can be fortified with the exception of Locked tiles and already Fortified tiles.
    But can you lock a fortified tile?

Duuuuuuuude.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor

Also wondering why "fortified" tiles get a neon border. Fortified with what? Ecstasy? Why not a crenellated ring of stone, or a metal frame? Y'know, something that looks "fortified"? Strangely, I don't see any fortified CDs in the screen caps at marvel.com....

They were originally fortified with eleven essential nutrients, but the health benefits to players were OP.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    Can Moonstone and Quicksilver swap a fortified tile? Does the fortification move with the tile or remain where it was?
    First, I thought your previous post was very funny.

Second, Quicksilver can't swap countdown tiles. Loki and Oc can, though. Since they can be moved and can fall, I'm guessing the fortification will go with the tile.
  • Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    So if a 3 turn CD tile is passively fortified by Green Goblin, and then the next turn it is matched, un-fortifying it, does GG re-fortify it with his passive the next turn? Seems like infinifortify. I just made up that word.

Yeah, it seems like you'd need to do some Extra Shenanagins in order to actually eliminate it.

Like, destroying the Goblin's Glider ain't going to be easy if you can't do it turn 1.

You'll need something like, Arrow Stab to clear the line, then match it after. Or overwrite it with Cap. Or do some board shake/destruction and THEN match it.

It's gon be tricky.

Can't wait until we see him with goons on his back, and I'm being 100% sincere: Fighting against Norman Osbourne here better special, and totally kicking my butt constantly is one way to do that.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mastermind Excello!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Buret0 wrote:
    First, I thought your previous post was very funny.

Second, Quicksilver can't swap countdown tiles. Loki and Oc can, though. Since they can be moved and can fall, I'm guessing the fortification will go with the tile.

Thanks. I wish we had a red answer on some of these items. I'm sure we will eventually see the ability to manually fortify a tile.