Cover trading in an Alliance

MarcSpector68
MarcSpector68 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
One idea would be to allow cover trades between Alliance members. When you have the more casual,players who are not going to buy hero points very often advancing 3* and 4* are hard. The players have smaller rosters. Being able to trade covers will help them advance their teams and maybe purchase hero points more frequently.

Comments

• NO thanks.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    There would have to be LOTS of restrictions in order to make this effective without abuse. Buy Clubs became a thing instantly, Trade Clubs could be the next thing.

Perhaps a requirement to be in your alliance an allocated amount of time. Perhaps an even trade feature, 1* for a 1*, 2* for a 2*, etc. so that you can't just have people with tons of covers trading them all over to a newbie and shooting them forward.

The biggest problem I see with Trading covers, is selling of 5* covers. In every mobile game I've played that allowed trading of cards, there was inevitably the sale of cards for real money. This is a problem for the developer because it then generates an outside market that they don't get a piece of.

Of course they can stifle the inflation of the outside selling by regulating the CP cost of purchasing covers directly, and a person will (hopefully) never pay more for a cover than it would cost to get that much CP in a buy group buying Starks, and buying it directly from someone else they miss out on the HP or Iso buying directly from D3/Demiurge.

It's never as simple as "I pulled another Blue Fury, but I need Purple... I'll trade it with Buddy in my Alliance for his Purple since he needs Blue". There are always those out there that will abuse any system like this that can benefit the player.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I mean, *I* would like that because I've been in the same alliance for a while, but i could definitely see where this could be abused with people joining and leaving alliances and bartering weirdly. People would have a separate sub-forum for just what covers people need and it would be mayhem. But I would still be cool with it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    This is a problem for the developer because it then generates an outside market that they don't get a piece of.
    they could cost it accordingly. I know I'd pay an awful lot for an OML yellow about now. just 1 and I'm off to the races. now my 2/-/5 logan just kills himself making some tiles that are destined to be matched away soon anyway.