Finally

Punatulkku
Punatulkku Posts: 228
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
We get evil guys. Ty for lisening the community and adding GG to the roster. Now continue lisening your community and add Drax, Mysterio, Rhino etc

Comments

• Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Punatulkku wrote:
    We get evil guys. Ty for lisening the community and adding GG to the roster. Now continue lisening your community and fix the ISO shortage and the scaling on 3* characters post R91
    ftfy
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't Rhino just basically Juggernaut, really? And Drax is just...another muscular guy. We have Hulk, Chulk, Juggernaut and Thing already filling that rolls. There's only so many varients of "Hit things really hard with my muscle powers" we can use.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Mysterio could be kinda cool. He could have a power that makes all the tiles look different colors from what they actually are, so you're basically getting completely random AP every turn. I imagine that would be an unpleasant one to try to hop. :p
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Isn't Rhino just basically Juggernaut, really? And Drax is just...another muscular guy. We have Hulk, Chulk, Juggernaut and Thing already filling that rolls. There's only so many varients of "Hit things really hard with my muscle powers" we can use.

That could describe half of superheroes in the game. Might as well get rid She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Colossus, Spider-Gwen, etc.

The other half is shoot/throw stuff. Except maybe Kingpin. He fingers people.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:

That could describe half of superheroes in the game. Might as well get rid She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Colossus, Spider-Gwen, etc.

The other half is shoot/throw stuff. Except maybe Kingpin. He fingers people.

Well even colossus has a punchy thing to him. But he's also got that indestructable aspect, setting him apart.
    Rhino and Juggernaut are basically the same character, really.

Drax, again, is simply a large guy with muscles. He doesn't have much else going for him.

She Hulk is more nuanced in the comics. She's not just a hitty thing, she's smart. Spider Man has webs and stuff and is agile. Spider Gwen is a modified Spidey Mans, sure, but there's a lot you can dow ith the general Spider Man style powers. Not much more you can do with muscles other than hit and break =/
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Well even colossus has a punchy thing to him. But he's also got that indestructable aspect, setting him apart.
    Rhino and Juggernaut are basically the same character, really.

Drax, again, is simply a large guy with muscles. He doesn't have much else going for him.

She Hulk is more nuanced in the comics. She's not just a hitty thing, she's smart. Spider Man has webs and stuff and is agile. Spider Gwen is a modified Spidey Mans, sure, but there's a lot you can dow ith the general Spider Man style powers. Not much more you can do with muscles other than hit and break =/

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about exclusively how the characters are used within the game. To which I thought just because someone shares similar powers, doesn't mean all their in game powers will be similar. Like 3* and 4* Cyc. Same power-set character wise, but interpreted differently in game.

But even still, I disagree with what you're saying here. Juggs (who is also supposed to be indestructible) has had some pretty great streaks as a hero and has been shown to be more than just muscle guy. Rhino less so, but there's been a decent story here and there like Tangled Web #5 (IIRC). They're not the same character aside from the most basic appearances, like all the Spider characters. Drax has neat backstory and had some awesome moments too like his Giffen penned mini and in Annihilation, but I'm less familiar with him than the others listed. They just aren't leads of books and as such don't get as much room to grow and develop into more than just muscle guy.

And just to bring this back to Punatulkku's point, I'm glad we got another villain, even though it looks like the next character isn't going to continue the shake up from heroes.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...THE ROCK

HAS COME BACK

TO MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST!!!

*cue The Rock's music*
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    ...THE ROCK

HAS COME BACK

TO MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST!!!

*cue The Rock's music*

tumblr_mt1m830oPC1rofoqgo1_250.gif

The Rock says "Know your role, shut your mouth and give us more ISO-8 you ***"

Does anyone remember that Kevin Kelly year 2000 tirade.. That - except add ISO-8 into it.

***Admin edited to remove offensive slur.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Drax could have an ability to confuse people based on his lack of understanding of figures of speech. He's also got a vengeful side that could make for a different black ability compared to other muscleheads.

Colossus and Juggernaut are actually so similar that they were literally joined into the same character ("The Unstoppable Colossus") for a long time in the comics.

Rhino, though, seems like a terrible pick. Seriously, all he is is a small-time crook who commits treason once in a while and has a stupid looking horn stuck to his face. If we were going to add more Spidey villains to the comics, I'd much rather see Molten Man or Sandman or Black Cat, because not only do they have interesting power sets but they also have actual personalities. Even characters I think have no real potential to get made, like Vulture, Kraven, or Chameleon would be higher on the list than Rhino.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think they are necessarily bad picks. Maybe not my top choices, but Drax should probably exist in the game since the Guardians movie exists.

I think of Drax as more stabby than punchy. And either way, it is a puzzle game. You can give any skill you want. It doesn't have to be just flat out damage. He seems into revenge, maybe a passive that fills the board with strikes or attack tiles if a teammate is down.
  • The main point is that were starting to get guys that we have requested for ages. Sandman yes please, Drax yes please, Black cat yes please, Jessica Jones yes please etc
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Consisering Spiderman has one of the best rogues galleries in the medium it's about time we got more villains. X-men villains aren't far behind Spideys as well.