What the heck She-Hulk!

TheSeven
TheSeven Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
Every once in a while I have a brain cramp and decide to give She-Hulk a chance to prove her worth. Furious Charge sounds like such an awesome ability – clear out two whole colors; great, I’ll take it – but it lets me down every single time!

Today the AI enjoyed a massive cascade and earned enough greentile.png and redtile.png for Juggernaut to bend Luke Cage over and have his way with him twice. No problem. I prepared for this. I have twelve Green. I’ll just clear those out and laugh in his stupid face. Except, instead, She-Hulk clears out everything but redtile.png and greentile.png and poor Luke is left with his pants around his ankles.

I wish Furious Charge was a little more intelligent. Maybe a simple if…then… statement to make it target colors greater than 3 before it clears out the 1’s and the 2’s. It’s useless as it is. She-Hulk could be a key support character if she was more reliable.

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    The chance that she doesn't drain at least one of two colors you are aiming for is really low. 24/360, by my questionable math skills, which is like 6%.

So you had bad luck. She's not useless, but also not perfectly reliable. With 12 Green there's a 1/3 chance she doesn't hose the specific color you need, which is too bad, but I'd take that chance over a 1-turn random Countdown tile surviving.

She's a great support character even without a guarantee it'll kill the enemy's biggest pools. She's especially strong in PvE against mooks who usually only generate AP in 2-3 colors.
  • TheSeven
    TheSeven Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I will concede that she’s not entirely useless, but she’s not reliable enough to call useful. She might satisfy a small niche right now but with a small tweak she could be better.

And you are right. This was bad luck, but I tend to have that bad luck every time I use her. If I used her more often, my luck would even out. Probably.

Thanks for the reply!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    she's actually very good against goons that only make a few colors. less effective when they have 7 different color AP building up. I used her in a lieutenant/pyro/assassin node this morning. her, im40 and obw. im40 will fill her up with ap to use icon_e_wink.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't use her for her green; her blue is much more useful, and her red AOE is pretty sweet, especially if you've already used her blue to steal some strike tiles. (That's why I want to use her with Patch a little bit more.)
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    my she hulk needs a bit before she sees some gameplay.
    but doesnt her green destroy 100% ap of 2 colors? so with 12 green 2 colors are gone, with 18 green the enemy team is left with ap for tu only?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    One firing costs 6. 12 AP gets you two uses, clearing out four colors.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell wrote:
    my she hulk needs a bit before she sees some gameplay.
    but doesnt her green destroy 100% ap of 2 colors? so with 12 green 2 colors are gone, with 18 green the enemy team is left with ap for tu only?
    I'm pretty sure Furious Charge considers TU AP to be a color as well, so three uses will clear all but one random pool of AP.

I advocate putting green at 5 colors. It's a very cheap skill and effective against any team with a broad set of active abilities. You just can't rely on it to block specific skills. If it were more targeted in any way (strongest colors, largest pools, selected colors...) it would probably have to increase in cost to stay balanced.