Yay another 5!!! (or all the things that need to be fixed)

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Yes my fellow forumites, If you have been paying attention in the Characters Thread another 5 has been announced, and after this announcement, which is our reaction? Do we express our happiness before another new unattainable character? Of course we don't!

Devs have still to acknowledge the big failure LTs have been as a way to get 5s in the game, we are still in the biggest iso draught this game has ever endured and scaling still needs to be fixed, but here there is another 5!!! A char probably just one person is exited about. It was already difficult cover maxing a 5, but now it gets even harder! (goodbye from new tokens OML!)

Things have improved a little in PvE with the removal of the much infomous 20 iso, but these other things still need to be adressed (some have not even mentioned but devs even once)

- There is not enough iso
- Winning 5s can't just be based on luck (or money)
- Scaling needs to be fixed (this one is coming... soon?)

So if you think these needs to be fixed, before anything else please upvote.

PS: This complain is not against new 5s, is against all the things devs don't even talk about and are the biggest problems this game has.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    These still pale in comparison to the incredible lack of original gameplay content. (ok maybe Iso doesn't, but it's close)
  • These still pale in comparison to the incredible lack of original gameplay content. (ok maybe Iso doesn't, but it's close)

Out of curiosity, what specifically are you thinking of?

Like, "we need more events of normal gameplay" or more "we need more game modes that are not power building Versus fights"?

Like I think of original Puzzle Quest stuff like "to get a new spell for your character, clear out all the tiles on the board where no new gems drop in" and "Get X red, blue, green, yellow mana and Special Scrolls (only gotten via 4 or 5 of a kind, which only spawn 1 or 2) without a board reset to get a new spell"

Those things may not convert into MPQ very well.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be nice to have more puzzle-type battles. I think the one-on-one battles are nice, because it makes you fight differently than a regular battle.

For instance, prof x ddq battles, you need to collect purple quickly, and then you must let the enemy build up enough AP to unleash an attack that then gives you some kind of attack or strike tile, so then you can strengthen it and win. That was fun to work that out.

Or with kp vs lc, you need to wait for lc to destroy his own protect tile before you unleash your yellow-black attacks. It's nice to strategize beyond just ap-denial.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    They definitely need more variety with in-game goals. They could pretty easily put 1-on-1 battles into regular PvE nodes, which would definitely freshen up PvE a bit. They could make a PvP where all characters have their nukes disabled, or where the game starts with a full board of charged tiles, or where all the tiles of a random color are locked at the beginning the match, see how those kinds of things impact the meta for a couple days.

When I saw the Black Vortex event for the first time, I assumed it was actually going to transform characters somehow, and was kind of excited to see how they were implementing that. So when it turned out just to be an event with no required characters, I felt like that was a missed opportunity.

I don't necessarily want the game to turn into Candy Crush where every level has a gimmick. But sometimes gimmicks can be interesting for a little while.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering we all play around 40 to 200+ matches per day, it wouldn't hurt if a couple of them had gimmicks to mix things up.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    These still pale in comparison to the incredible lack of original gameplay content. (ok maybe Iso doesn't, but it's close)

Out of curiosity, what specifically are you thinking of?

Like, "we need more events of normal gameplay" or more "we need more game modes that are not power building Versus fights"?

Like I think of original Puzzle Quest stuff like "to get a new spell for your character, clear out all the tiles on the board where no new gems drop in" and "Get X red, blue, green, yellow mana and Special Scrolls (only gotten via 4 or 5 of a kind, which only spawn 1 or 2) without a board reset to get a new spell"

Those things may not convert into MPQ very well.

Hearts of Darkness is not new content. DDQ is/was. Gauntlet is/was. Ultron is/was, but Galactus was not.

I don't have anything specific in mind (there are other match-3 games out there that have good content, like Gems of War). It's just silly that if you're in PvP Shield Jail, and are playing PvE to the timers, that there is literally nothing to play. I mean it's nice sometimes cause I'll just do something else, but the amount of times I want to play but can't is silly.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still don't have one cover of the last 5* on my roster. These are worthless and pointless - unless you pay a TON of money or you get INCREDIBLY lucky - in which case the many of us who haven't gotten as lucky as you come here and declare what sounds like hate towards you.

If the game is going to go towards "More 4*'s than 3*'s" and "5*'s are much better and rarer than 4*'s"...that's all fine. Maybe you should make the 4*'s and 5*'s a bit more obtainable to the general populous then? And make the resources available to actually, I don't know, level them and use them?

I don't know why there isn't split PVP's yet, one that we have now with 4* alliance rewards, and another where 5*'s are banned and 4*'s aren't buffed with the reward structure that we have now.

I said 5*'s are the death of the game when they came out...and it hasn't killed off the game yet but it's not helping, and I wouldn't change that opinion yet. It might be the death of a game a year later, but it isn't helping the health of the game.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    I think three changes would drastically improve the user experience.

1) ISO awards that scale with your needs. A multiplier based on your total covers. So if you have almost all the 4* covers in your roster and total ISO needs are several million a multiplier should kick in several times.

2) Story-line events just like the Heist for Ant-man or for Chulk. 6+ day events that give you a predetermined cover and that require a very beefy roster. Run them for several characters and make it very hard, but doable for vets. Anyone can jump in, but they will realize that it is unobtainable yet. Sort of like super hard dungeons in popular RPG games, you know what to shoot for.

3) Add a 5* token. This token is available as a season prog award at 13k and for alliances that finish t100. This token can also be awarded in a monthly event that is super challenging and requires a lot of essential 4*. This will be the most direct and obvious progression and finally award some of us who collect and level our 4*.

Those 3 things would make me and I suspect a ton of people very happy.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    rkd80 wrote:

1) ISO awards that scale with your needs. A multiplier based on your total covers. So if you have almost all the 4* covers in your roster and total ISO needs are several million a multiplier should kick in several times.

2) Story-line events just like the Heist for Ant-man or for Chulk. 6+ day events that give you a predetermined cover and that require a very beefy roster. Run them for several characters and make it very hard, but doable for vets. Anyone can jump in, but they will realize that it is unobtainable yet. Sort of like super hard dungeons in popular RPG games, you know what to shoot for.

3) Add a 5* token. This token is available as a season prog award at 13k and for alliances that finish t100. This token can also be awarded in a monthly event that is super challenging and requires a lot of essential 4*. This will be the most direct and obvious progression and finally award some of us who collect and level our 4*.

These all sound good. But I would still really love some token conversion mechanism.

10 Standards gets you a Heroic

10 Heroics gets you a Legendary

10 Legendary gets you a guaranteed 5*
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    PorkBelly wrote:
    rkd80 wrote:

These all sound good. But I would still really love some token conversion mechanism.

10 Standards gets you a Heroic

10 Heroics gets you a Legendary

10 Legendary gets you a guaranteed 5*

try like
    10 get your heroic
    20 heroic gets you a leg
    25 lt get you a 5 star and that is min they would ever do.

if you did 10 heroic gives your LT token people would be swimming in LT with the champ 2/3 stars
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    They'll never do that either. Bottom line is this: There are enough people throwing truckloads of cash at them for their slot pulls right now, they're not going to change a bloody thing. Our only hope for change is that those people actually get all the covers they're hoping for and stop spending money. Until that happens, no change to the way covers are gained will happen, because why on earth would they change a system that's making them so much money?
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Sounds like MPQ players need a union.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    rkd80 wrote:

Number 1 yes this game needs more ISO and badly if you could earn ISO on M,TH,F,S,S like you can on Tuesday and Wednesday with LR that would be awsome. I would actually be able to level my 4* at a reasonable rate.
    #2 if they run the CHulk event or Ant man event once a month for a random 4* it would be great. It does not have to be new content all the time. If they can get up to 6 of these types of events they would ve able to be re-run 2 times a year.
    #3 I think 1 5* for 13k progression season rewards is fair. For the end of season top 100 would cause major mercing at the end of the season way more then there is now. I am not opposed to this idea but I see issue it could cause with alliance scores
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    They'll never do that either. Bottom line is this: There are enough people throwing truckloads of cash at them for their slot pulls right now, they're not going to change a bloody thing. Our only hope for change is that those people actually get all the covers they're hoping for and stop spending money. Until that happens, no change to the way covers are gained will happen, because why on earth would they change a system that's making them so much money?
    Not gonna happen. Cos after you get all the covers you need, you will max the 5* and move on to champion it. You'll still spend money to get it to 550.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Considering we all play around 40 to 200+ matches per day, it wouldn't hurt if a couple of them had gimmicks to mix things up.

I guess I am in the minority but I have never liked Team ups (specially when the AI gets always one for free, and you don't), and I still think environmental tiles could have been so much better If they would have fixed the ones that didn't work. Playing in some different locations was so much fan, and it really made you play differently if you knew you could heal, or get green AP, etc.

But Team ups were so much Alliance friendly and it is obvious they were going for that...

PS: And they need to fix team ups, I don't know how they assign them but I am tired of suffering red hulk team ups (gamma syphon all the time) in this hulk event for example...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    Devs have still to acknowledge the big failure LTs have been as a way to get 5s in the game, we are still in the biggest iso draught this game has ever endured and scaling still needs to be fixed, but here there is another 5!!!
    i see three bug fixes and one opportunity to increase income... so where should I focus our resources...
    lets make ddq more challenging for 5*s!
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Still don't have one cover of the last 5* on my roster. These are worthless and pointless - unless you pay a TON of money or you get INCREDIBLY lucky - in which case the many of us who haven't gotten as lucky as you come here and declare what sounds like hate towards you.

I'm in the same boat; not a single BSS on my roster. icon_cry.gif Well, I guess I can wait until he gets added to classic LTs, may this summer? icon_e_confused.gif In the meantime, I'm going to hit 700 cps. I guess I'll keep hoarding til then. icon_mrgreen.gif