Chandra: Scorching Strike on her own creature

Options
Upstartes
Upstartes Posts: 98
Things happen so fast in a game sometimes that I'm not 100% certain about this, but while playing my lvl 34 Gideon vs Chandra in a Quick Battle, I think Chandra used her Scorching Strike ability on her own Mage Ring Bully. I couldn't see any reason why this would benefit her, so I assume it is a bug. I feel like I've seen this happen once before as well, though, again, things happen so fast that it's hard to tell exactly what's happening.

FYI.

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have seen this happen as well.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not a bug that she can, but a bug in the AI - that's what you're saying, right?
  • OhanaUnited
    OhanaUnited Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    I have also seen this AI bug. Funny enough it's also Chandra scorching her own Mage Ring Bully. I had a "****" moment (but not complaining because Ghirapur Aether Grid zaps and kills it during my next upkeep)
  • Can confirm- Chandra AI in quick match can and will Scorching Strike her own creatures. It doesn't have to be the Mage Ring Bully and so far I haven't seen a pattern to the behavior. She'll just blast her own minion from time to time.
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Chandra definitely needs a direct damage utilization AI tweak. I've had matches where I watch her hand stack full of cards with mana waiting on me to drop my first creature on the board. I see it coming and preload enshrouding mist, reorder my hand, play my creature and mist it on the same turn. Chandra then dumps five direct damage and scorching strike on it with zero effect. Not even funny to watch, just sad. Makes me feel like I'm beating up a toddler in the octagon.
  • Coconut99
    Coconut99 Posts: 212
    Options
    This happened to me also, and I found it absolutely hilarious. Sadly, though, it only happened the once so far (that I've noticed).
  • AngelLust
    Options
    I have seen it happen many times. She will scorch the highest attacker on the board, regaurdless if she controls it or not.
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    Gun Bunny wrote:
    Chandra definitely needs a direct damage utilization AI tweak. I've had matches where I watch her hand stack full of cards with mana waiting on me to drop my first creature on the board. I see it coming and preload enshrouding mist, reorder my hand, play my creature and mist it on the same turn. Chandra then dumps five direct damage and scorching strike on it with zero effect. Not even funny to watch, just sad. Makes me feel like I'm beating up a toddler in the octagon.
    Similarly, Nissa will sometimes stock up pump spells and then the moment she casts a creature, cast a bunch of Titanic Growth and Joraga Invocation to no effect at all. I don't even have a berserker on the table.