MPQ Buyer beware:Customer service

Jonny1Punch
Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
As a longtime and loyal supporter of this game ( day 847 ) and a huge veteran who continually invests far more time, money and energy then I care to admit, all I can say here is buyer beware.

The game itself is great and certain purchases are definitely worthwhile. The general community here is mostly amazing and the D3 staff present on these forums does a commendable job especially David, our community manager. So none of this pertains to those I just listed.

However, the inconsistency and laziness of D3 CS has reached an all time low for me personally through my experience and observing MANY interactions from others . What is done for some is not done for others with customer service and even big spenders get left in the mud while others players game the system to no end. I cant go into detail about the issue's as some of it is taboo on the forums and some of it would be me whining about going 0 for 53 in legendary tokens/CP pulls recently. The precedents set and compensations given/denied have no logical reasoning or consistency. Regardless, enjoy the game but don't feel compelled to spend recklessly as I cant say its a very safe investment. Once your money is gone you have almost no options if something goes wrong. While other players verge on getting away with some seriously unlawful,shady things..... and the good guys seldom get the compensation we deserve for being honest and hardworking supporters of the game.

long story short: buyer beware is all I can say and be extremely careful. Trust me on this.

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    sorry to hear ya got burned by cs. icon_evil.gif
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    I think the problem arises largely from CS performing actions they should not be performing as a way to mitigate some of the drawbacks of the game.
    There is no way you should be 0/53 - and while we have no details on exactly how CS failed to help you, I imagine that the primary frustration comes from being screwed by the RNG during the most critical phase of the game.

CS is a symptom of a larger problem.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Thanks puppy. I just want it to be clear it's not a whiny thread more of a personal cautionary tale. They have done good for some it seems but I got burned too many times in recent memory. They have to get a more consistent system in place ..... Sending automated replies that don't even fit the complaint is absurd.
  • Jonny1Punch
    @Rdk I definitely agree with what you are saying. My complaints do go beyond the ridiculous 5* draw rate though.

Account issues and certain other loopholes that are being exploited/ignored are of concern as well.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Ahh, well certainly the manner in which the LT exploit was handled gave this community an impression that certain cheaters got away with it due to their spending habits. All rumors of course, but if true it would suggest that indeed each case is handled on a personal level. Instead of creating a consistent policy to deal with cheaters they instead opted to handle some of the individuals with extra care, presumably to encourage them to continue spending?

In any event, is it worth airing out some of these exploits and loopholes that you are talking about? If I recall the LT exploit was officially acknowledged only after a certain forum post.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    If we can just complain in general about CS, I'd love to bring up my own frustrating case.

My Android phone with my main game was dying. Fortunately I had a second phone (iPhone) with a little-used version, so I thought maybe I could use my iPhone while I was fixing my Android. But I didn't want to delete all my progress on my secondary account, so I emailed CS asking to merge the two accounts.

CS simply replied "Your accounts don't qualify to be merged."

So I responded, "What are the qualifications to merge accounts?"

And they said, "We can't divulge that information."

Why the face can they not???? What the h-e-double hockey sticks does that even mean??? Why would that be a secret?

People get their accounts merged all the time, why are you making life difficult for me and not even bothering to explain? Is it because I have an android and an iPhone? Is it because I haven't spent enough money??? Just tell me something, anything.

I was luckily for them able to restore my Android and keep playing, but it would've been nice to switch to my iPhone when all was lost, so I wouldn't have missed out on a few days of progress, unable to contribute to my alliance in certain events and so forth. It's very stressful when you want to play the game, but you can't!
  • mpqr7 wrote:
    If we can just complain in general about CS, I'd love to bring up my own frustrating case.

My Android phone with my main game was dying. Fortunately I had a second phone (iPhone) with a little-used version, so I thought maybe I could use my iPhone while I was fixing my Android. But I didn't want to delete all my progress on my secondary account, so I emailed CS asking to merge the two accounts.

CS simply replied "Your accounts don't qualify to be merged."

So I responded, "What are the qualifications to merge accounts?"

And they said, "We can't divulge that information."

Why the face can they not???? What the h-e-double hockey sticks does that even mean??? Why would that be a secret?

People get their accounts merged all the time, why are you making life difficult for me and not even bothering to explain? Is it because I have an android and an iPhone? Is it because I haven't spent enough money??? Just tell me something, anything

I literally had this exact conversation with them, lasted for days, I wasn't even trying to get my accounts merged, just access to a lost account, even labeled my request "lost account"

after a week of no reply after that "your account has be restored! just clear game cache and launch and you'll see the update" ..... wrong account name, 3 people rostered. email them back and they can't find right account, ask for variations etc...

finally get access to account literally the day after my alliance ended with 80k from HB in galactus. was like why? did it really have to take this long just so I couldn't use it in this event? that I didn't even know was coming weeks before when I started my ticket?
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    ..... Sending automated replies that don't even fit the complaint is absurd.

I'm in the middle of this one as well. On Friday they gave me a copy/pasted reply about how to use Facebook to save across multiple devices, despite the fact that I mentioned in the first sentence, and almost every subsequent sentence, that I'm a Steam user (and therefore can't do that).
    mpqr7 wrote:
    People get their accounts merged all the time, why are you making life difficult for me and not even bothering to explain? Is it because I have an android and an iPhone? Is it because I haven't spent enough money??? Just tell me something, anything.

I can tell you the requirements. The two accounts have to be on the same system (ios to ios, Steam to Steam, etc), and both accounts have to have spent money. They were cagey about the second one. They told me one account was eligible, the other was not. I asked "If I spend money on the ineligible one, will it become eligible?" They said yes, but feel free to spend the smallest possible amount. That actually was my most positive CS interaction with them.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    stowaway wrote:
    I can tell you the requirements. The two accounts have to be on the same system (ios to ios, Steam to Steam, etc), and both accounts have to have spent money. They were cagey about the second one. They told me one account was eligible, the other was not. I asked "If I spend money on the ineligible one, will it become eligible?" They said yes, but feel free to spend the smallest possible amount. That actually was my most positive CS interaction with them.

Jeez, I figured it was something like that. Have the same system, spend money on both accounts. I don't know why they couldn't have just told me that themselves. I have actually spent with my Android account, hadn't spent with my ios account, most likely never will.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    stowaway wrote:

The first part of this isn't true. I was able to merge my android alt account into my main Steam account. As far as having to spend, that is true. I only spent $5 on my alt to make it eligible.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    This thread is being locked as it invites flaming. Two users have been warned so far for attacks and spreading misinformation (and have had their posts removed).

Customer Support does its best to assist players in a timely and fair fashion. If you have a complaint please keep it civil and constructive.
    Yes, occasional mistakes can be made by any human being working in a Support capacity. We'll do our best to keep improving Support services.

Also, please keep in mind that the thousands and thousands of players helped by Support over the years (and hundreds daily) don't generally post in the forums regarding their satisfactory (or even, excellent) service. They just go on about their way and get back to playing.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.