Idea for new rune sink + dupe sink

fruithead
fruithead Posts: 56
2 birds with one stone! i'm not saying this is a great idea, i just thought of it last night before i fell asleep.

so you have lots of extra dupes and nothing to do with them, right? and you have lots of runes and (now) nothing to do with them right?

and even if you don't atm, if you play the game you will eventually be swimming in dupes and runes.

SO LET'S COMBINE!

my suggestion: allow dupes to be "ground up" into non-dupes by paying a rune fee!

my initial idea table:
    25 duplicate commons + 5,000 runes = 1 guaranteed non duplicate common
    20 duplicate uncommons + 20,000 runes (eh, a bit steep maybe?) = 1 guaranteed non duplicate uncommon
    15 duplicate rares + 50,000 runes = 1 guaranteed non duplicate rare
    10 duplicate mythics (maybe it should be 5 or 7? mythics are hard to get.) + 100,000 runes = 1 guaranteed non duplicate mythic

so what do you think?

Comments

• Guaranteed non duplicates for duplicates and runes would be the worst they could possibly do if they want to earn money with this game.

More likely that we will get new card packs for them.
    • Nerimos wrote:
      Guaranteed non duplicates for duplicates and runes would be the worst they could possibly do if they want to earn money with this game.

More likely that we will get new card packs for them.
      i mean, with the price list i came up with i'm pretty sure it would not ruin their income - just help out frustrated players.

bump up the prices if too cheap. 100,000 + 15 dupes for a rare non dupe is not something you'll be popping out all day. it takes a damn long time to get that many runes, even if you have nothing else to do with them.
    • Naw I don't think it is conducive to whales to allow any sort of guaranteed gain.

Best they would do is introduce stuff like MPQ's "vaults" where if you clear out the entire vault you can get that mythic.

Remember pricing is for whales.

For normal user, you are supposed to think the money spent to benefit gained is terrible.
    • pandabear wrote:
      Naw I don't think it is conducive to whales to allow any sort of guaranteed gain.

Best they would do is introduce stuff like MPQ's "vaults" where if you clear out the entire vault you can get that mythic.

Remember pricing is for whales.

For normal user, you are supposed to think the money spent to benefit gained is terrible.

hahahahaha roflmao.

probably true.
    • raidan
      raidan Posts: 128
      I agree that they will likely never implement a guaranteed card system.

As stated previously I too agree turning cards in to a currency that allows you to buy a special booster would be a good way to go.

It could work something like this:

Common disenchants into: 5 dust
      Uncommon disenchants into: 20 dust
      Rare disenchants into: 100 dust
      Mythic disenchants into: 300 dust

You can buy 5 card boosters that cost 300 dust each and have odds between the free 3 pack and the regular 5 pack booster.
      Alternative have it so you can buy a 3 card booster for 300 with the same odds per card as the regular 5 pack booster.

This way you don't feel too depressed when you get a duplicate mythic.