Why when shield expire I'm hit

Banacek555
Banacek555 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have shield up for 8 hours and not one single hit.

I mean not even registered someone has attacked me when shielded - even for 0 points or successful defence for + points.

But then as soon as I my shield down I'm instantly hit by 10
players!!! How??!!

Are people cheating?

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you shield unless you are in people's queues already new players can't see you. Once your shield expires you become visible again and If it is later in the event there are more players searching for targets. If you are at a god point total and are not running maxed 4* you will get hit hard.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    No great conspiracy going on. While you are shielded players cannot see you in their queue unless it is as a retaliation, as soon as the shield expires the masses are able to line you up. Bear in mind it is not just the 500 players in your bracket that can line you up but all of the time shard so that is potentially thousands of players.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    People can't target you when you are shielded, but when you break your shield you are immediately open for getting hit.

It's possible that if you were running a very weak lineup you might actually lose a bunch of points while you are still completing your first match.