Finished All The Objectives

Options
2»

Comments

• Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    Everyone can gain life with Alhamaret's Archive, Orbs of Warding and Prism Ring. I completed a lot of objectives with Jace, this combination of supports and spamming turn to frog to kill their creatures, my creatures, to keep myself alive, and to keep them alive.

I don't play Jace in Quick Battle because he doesn't kill quickly. He might kill more quickly if I had the Soulblade Djinn and/or the Harbing of Tides.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pandabear wrote:
    Jace doesn't get worse at 50. I don't think chandra does either.
    To each their own, certainly. I know I have no desire to put red up to level 44, ever. 6 manapw.png to do 3 damage is way better than 9 to do 3 damage to all when you have to pick one or the other. Similarly I'd rather have 9 manapw.png to get -6 to a card than 12 to make it free. Every time.

Anyway the fact that it's a discussion is really the point. There is no discussion with green - she's always better at a higher level. That's the difference.
  • ChrisTot
    ChrisTot Posts: 167
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    pandabear wrote:
    Jace doesn't get worse at 50. I don't think chandra does either.
    To each their own, certainly. I know I have no desire to put red up to level 44, ever. 6 manapw.png to do 3 damage is way better than 9 to do 3 damage to all when you have to pick one or the other. Similarly I'd rather have 9 manapw.png to get -6 to a card than 12 to make it free. Every time.

Anyway the fact that it's a discussion is really the point. There is no discussion with green - she's always better at a higher level. That's the difference.

What about the part where every game gives you 1 less point?
  • Yeah it's all about the ribbons.

It's true that reds second becomes more situational with 50 but it's not like there is a lack of those situations when you fight against level 50 green. icon_e_biggrin.gif

And don't underestimate the 3rd rank of reds first ability. I have had matches with my green against red where I were not able to keep up mana wise because of reds first ability every turn then bring out rambler and sword of the animist. It's just crazy what red can get on extra mana.

I quitted one of these matches when red pulled out a rambler and 2 iroras with haste/power buff in just one turn. With sword of the animist iroras was just too strong.
  • ChrisTot
    Options
    Nerimos wrote:
    Yeah it's all about the ribbons.

It's true that reds second becomes more situational with 50 but it's not like there is a lack of those situations when you fight against level 50 green. icon_e_biggrin.gif

And don't underestimate the 3rd rank of reds first ability. I have had matches with my green against red where I were not able to keep up mana wise because of reds first ability every turn then bring out rambler and sword of the animist. It's just crazy what red can get on extra mana.

I quitted one of these matches when red pulled out a rambler and 2 iroras with haste/power buff in just one turn. With sword of the animist iroras was just too strong.

Yep, I've started to think that myself, that spamming the first ability is of course going to be doing damage all the time and conditionally getting more matches (to fuel itself). All creatures die to Exquisite Firecraft anyway icon_razz.gif most die to Ravaging Blaze. Red just wants to play all its cards, and the first ability gets you there.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You guys make good points. I might push her to 40. icon_e_smile.gif (Also I would love Sword of the Animist and if I ever got that I might push her higher.)
  • ChrisTot
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    You guys make good points. I might push her to 40. icon_e_smile.gif (Also I would love Sword of the Animist and if I ever got that I might push her higher.)

I played the last tournament with her at 44 and the only thing that felt bad was the constantly getting 4 points instead of 5. Put me further and further behind 1st place every match I played. I finished 2nd.
  • Last I checked orb of warding doesn't work with alhmaretts.

Also alhamarat makes Nissa actually win faster as she desperately needs the card draw as opposed to other planeswalkers. She's by far the best use for it because her life gain is sporadic but useful, and she can make full use of the card draw.

Also prism ring is a joke.
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    pandabear wrote:
    Last I checked orb of warding doesn't work with alhmaretts.
    Also prism ring is a joke.
    When did you check? Orb of warding definitely worked with alahamaret's archive when I did all the 8 crystal objectives just prior to the patch that turned them into rune objectives, and when I finished off the 15 crystal objectives post patch.

Yes, prism ring is definitely a joke, but when you're casting talent of the telepath, day's undoing, and turn to frog all the time, it can add up.
  • I checked about a week after the game launched and I got those two cards lol.

I thought "oh man i should be invincible" but it didn't seem to ever heal more than 2.

It might've been fixed, if so, it is a good deal, esp as orbs and alhmarret have huge shields and are hard to take down, not to mention they are colorless so less likely to be on your/opponent's color.
  • I've cleared all the story objectives so far. If your inventory reaches critical mass you eventually get so much deck flexibility that you can get around them all (even if it means having to beat it in only one way).

As for all this "PW gets worse as you level it" talk, all my level 50 PW decks are very competitive. I think only Lililiana gets worse. I just think the two for one power is better than the high level 2 for 2 power.