OML RNGesus algorithm

theo199
theo199 Posts: 79
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Really, do you think that's normal that a guy who started playing this game 6 months ago has (twice) more OML covers than a guy who started playing 24+ months ago every day?

I mean it seriously.

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sure. Old Man Logan was only released 5 months ago, so the first 18 months is completely irrelevant.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Sure. Old Man Logan was only released 5 months ago, so the first 18 months is completely irrelevant.

/thread
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 18 months are not quite irrelevant, since they should have given the veteran a chance to have a better roster, which should have made it possible to earn more LTs.

But since money can make up that difference, and there is no way of knowing who spent how much, they are mostly irrelevant.

And more importantly, 5*s are RNG. It is inevitable that some will be fortunate and some will be screwed.
  • Normal? Yes.
    Flawed?yes.
    The problem lies in the reward/RNG system.
    For example: if both of you were to only play PVE for a source of CP(and there was no other source), and do so at the optimal level. You as the newer player are almost guaranteed to finish at a higher rank thus earning more CP leading to more legendary pulls.
    Full discloser: I've pulled 5 OML tokens since his introduction and have found him to be my goto for everything. As opposed to alliance mates with a year of play time on me who can't get a 2nd pull.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    gpep024 wrote:
    Normal? Yes.

Normal in MPQ that is.
  • gpep024 wrote:
    Normal? Yes.

Normal in MPQ that is.

I guess you're right. Better play lottery then.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please use the main 5* pull thread for these types of posts, link below. Locking this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39376
This discussion has been closed.