Phoenix - from the ashes bugged or am I misunderstanding it?

alaeth
alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
So I got a green Phoenix cover this week and wanted to try her out in The Hulk PvE event...

Results were not as expected! Both times, she dropped first, I scanned the entire board, no CD tile or power triggered.

Am I missing some other requirement to triggering her power, or is it bugged somehow?

Comments

• SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I haven't had any issue with her countdown tile being created. Things to keep in mind- there needs to be an available red tile to put it on, and if the hulk is shaking the board with his green it might be easy for it to get destroyed immediately.
  • alaeth
    Tried a third time on a prologue fight:

Got the CD tile... only to have Yelena replace it with a crit icon_rolleyes.gif

I suspect you're right, either no red tile free (most likely), or cascade immediately matched it out.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If either side is running a red-specific special tile spammer like Daken or Blade, it can be surprisingly easy to fill up all the available reds.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    If either side is running a red-specific special tile spammer like Daken or Blade, it can be surprisingly easy to fill up all the available reds.
    yep, found that out trying antman against a daken node. nowhere for his yellow ability to go.
  • alaeth
    DayvBang wrote:

Yes, I was running Blade... I'm pretty sure that was the cause!

Also, I just noticed today there's now a banner with "From the Ashes"... I suspect a lot of people complained her power was "broken" so they added it... I like it, makes to hunt for that red CD tile and protect it (or at least, not fire Righteous Uppercut" until after she is back. icon_e_wink.gif