Teenage Kicks and SS stun immunity

Jathro
Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
Not sure if it's a bug or just a strange interaction but when Gwen uses Teenage Kicks against an opposing Surfer the "immune" flashes over Surfer. I'm lead to think he's the one that was chosen randomly for stun but another teammate is stunned instead. (It's noteworthy to mention this is with a 1-cover Teenage Kicks.)

Is Surfer being chosen for stun but then another choice is being made? Or does the "immune" just pop over him because of the random nature of the stun?

Comments

• SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Best guess, is that any stun that can hit random or multiple characters is triggering a stun "check" on the team so to speak, so he's flashing immune, regardless of who is hit. I think this is checking to ensure the character isn't downed after any damage has applied, that way the stun is hitting an alive character.

As a result, Surfer is letting you know he's immune.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I run Silver Surfer almost constantly, and I see the "immune" message flash every single time a power with a random stun is fired against my team. Consistently, another team member is stunned. To me, this seems like a bug with Surfer's stun immunity -- the random stun should choose a target first and then simply fail if the target is immune to stuns. Instead, what happens is that the stun always hits a different team member instead. Just like a targeted stun is wasted against Surfer, randomized stuns should have a chance of being wasted on him.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's fine as it is. Just like you can't waste a stun on a dead character, you shouldn't waste a stun on an immune character.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I think it's fine as it is. Just like you can't waste a stun on a dead character, you shouldn't waste a stun on an immune character.
    Yes, but it's not a targeted stun, and being knocked out is really a different sort of case. By the nature of their randomness, they should have a chance of being wasted against a stun-immune character. Having a stun-immune character on your team makes the other members more likely to be stunned, and that just doesn't make sense.

With targeted stuns, you can waste them on Silver Surfer, but not on dead characters.

To put it another way: there's a big difference between wasting an attempted stun on a character immune to them and wasting it on a character removed from battle.