A possible way to get a 5* every 20 pulls

lukewin
lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
Here's something I'd like to see. It would remove the need for us to track our pulls to prove that we are below the 5% advertised pull rate, but still keep us at a 5% or better pull rate for the rolling period of previous 20 pulls.

For every LT that we open, that is not a 5*, we'd get some kind of new point or an indicator that we whiffed on pulling a 5*. As the whiffs increase, the amount of those points increase. If you go 19 pulls without a 5*, you'd have 19 of those points meaning you're at 95%. The counter should never go to 20, so your next pull would be a 5*. That would put you at 5%. Every time you pull a 5*, those points would wipe. That would mean that every 20 pulls, at least, you're pulling a 5*.

This would make the odds table accurate to the individual players, and not just across the playerbase. It would probably raise the % across the playerbase. I think this new system would make too much sense and would eliminate too much RNG, so I think it'll never happen.

I understand this will likely be moved to Suggestions where the thread will die like many other good suggestions.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish this would be implemented like....retroactively, and today.

NOTHING in the game more frustrating than the RNG nature of 5*'s. I see 2* rosters with 5*'s vastly ahead of mine, and vets that have even worse luck than mine thinking about quitting the game.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are ways to ensure a 5* everytime, just need to invest some cash first icon_e_wink.gif
  • lukewin
    I have been posting my LT pulls in the Your last legendary pack draw? thread 11 pulls since my last 5* pull. I've only tracked 19 pulls so far, and 1 in 19 isn't bad, but the amount of pulls I've had overall, is likely under the 5%.

Mr. F yellow
    KP purple
    Venom black
    IW green
    JG purple
    XFW green
    Carnage red
    Phoenix red

Miles purple
    Rhulk Green
    Thing red
    KP yellow
    Antman yellow
    KP black
    KP yellow
    XFDP black
    Miles purple
    Carnage black
    Thor yellow
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    I thought that when OML was added to the 5* that the odds went to 10%, and would stay that number indefinitely. Am I not remembering this correctly? Has it always been 5%?
  • lukewin
    rubix_qube wrote:
    I thought that when OML was added to the 5* that the odds went to 10%, and would stay that number indefinitely. Am I not remembering this correctly? Has it always been 5%?

You're right. It is actually 10% chance to pull a 5*.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, yes and yes. It's supposed to be a 10% chance to win a 5*. I know that's per draw and not cumulative, but it's incredibly frustrating to spend months struggling to win LTs and then not get any new 5*s. Eventually, we should be guaranteed to win something after so much work.