The White Spider Gwen back ground is headache inducing.

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just a quick heads up. The white background in the Spider Gwen pvp is too jarring. It hard to look and sorta makes me feel like a headache is coming. Is there anyway possible to change it to something more neutral in future runs?

Otherwise, the art looks great and has been on a big upswing lately.

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with you about that background, I assumed the gfx were corrupted and reloaded my game to see if that was the case. icon_mrgreen.gif

I think you are being a little generous to the art though, all the hooded Spider-Gwen images are good but the animations and the unhooded ones look weird at best.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not keen it looks like Apple ad exec threw up on a marvel comic
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    My whole alliance agrees, please remove the white backgrounds.... absolutely terrible.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Considering the 4*-specific PvPs are played once and sit like dead data afterwords, never to be run again? Does it matter that much?
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Considering the 4*-specific PvPs are played once and sit like dead data afterwords, never to be run again? Does it matter that much?

Only if they keep doing it going forward.
  • Phumade
    This post is really about giving them feedback on the art. Your probably right, that we will never see that particular screen, but I think that bright white background was a conscious decision on their part. Maybe to give some pop to the character? From that perspective, I think its still to jarring of an image, because it relies on negative space to define the character. Its very much like the cover art from the IW comic cover.
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    I heard the plan was to make 4*s the new 3*s, quite possibly meaning 4*s would be the featured chars in the future. If that happens, we will definitely be seeing this horrible screen again.
  • RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Turn the brightness down on your phone, problem solved.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I absolutely love the drum animation
  • This whole Gwen is a headache.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brilliant white may work well as the main colour on physical objects but on visual display units it is just way too harsh, that's why e-readers don't use it. Combine it with the flash of the event screen when it goes back to node selection and it really does hurt the eyes.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    The background isn't great but i can live with that.
    Her face when unmasked though...I think the guy who did iceman is trying to outdo himself.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    MojoWild wrote:

Only if they keep doing it going forward.

I could understand why the artist decided on a white background, because this color is a major part of Gwen's costume. Unless devs release another version of Iceman, I don't think it's likely we'll get a white background again.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    I absolutely love the drum animation

Kick out the Jams might be a tinykitty power, but I will watch that animation all day long, it's awesome.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Figured I'd log in and chime in...

I mis-timed my shield hops for the event and decided to set an alarm to coincide with my 8hr shield expiry... Waking up at 5am Sunday morning with that white background was a bit much that early in the morning. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Phumade
    alaeth wrote:
    Figured I'd log in and chime in...

I mis-timed my shield hops for the event and decided to set an alarm to coincide with my 8hr shield expiry... Waking up at 5am Sunday morning with that white background was a bit much that early in the morning. icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL That was my experience. Got up, decided to check how much time was left in pvp and whoah, i didn't have my morning coffee yet.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Her face when unmasked though...I think the guy who did iceman is trying to outdo himself.

omg this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ icon_lol.gif
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Xenoberyll wrote:

Agreed, they should always use her full hooide look, especially for the character profile pic.
    It's as lame as the peel away face of Eddie Brock Venom.
    I suppose they kinda had to do that so you could tell the Venoms apart from each other, but still. Brings back repressed memories from Spider-Man 3...
    venom1.jpg