When is OML expected to get removed from latest legends

antreas1911
antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The title says it all.
And it is a concern that many latest legendary tokens hoarders have.
The new 5* will replace OML.

Cannot remember with previous 5* releases. Did they get into the odds immediately after the patch went live?

If this is the case, when is next patch going live? Some time in the week to come? R95 hasn't been announced yet though.

Comments

• DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    I share this concern and I think I will open my tokens today icon_e_biggrin.gif

And what will be the rule for "classical" ones? A rotation of 3 characters or the whole set of oldest 5*?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    DrNitroman wrote:
    I share this concern and I think I will open my tokens today icon_e_biggrin.gif

And what will be the rule for "classical" ones? A rotation of 3 characters or the whole set of oldest 5*?

I opened 10 classic legendaries, got 2xStar Lord, 2xElektra, Nick Fury, Captain Falcon, Ant Man, Goddess Thor, 2xMiles Morales. Almost wish I hadn't bothered now.
  • I believe the way Black-Suit Spiderman launched, it was no event, just "Hey, Black Suit's here! In tokens now!"

So I believe it'll be rather sudden and rather soon. When the next patch goes live, expect OML to be stuck in Classics.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I opened about 130 lt/Cp tokens. Got 6 OML, 2 SS, 1phoenix, 1 Bssm. OML is too important at this point in the Meta to not take your best shot at building a viable 5*.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    So, if you specifically want an almost guaranteed OML, the time to open up is RIGHT NOW???
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I opened around 65 Latest Legendary tokens. Got two Spiderman covers and five Phoenix covers, no OML. And Phoenix need more than one purple cover to be useable I think.
    OH well. Still have 600 CP I can use for Classic Legendary tokens...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    So, if you specifically want an almost guaranteed OML, the time to open up is RIGHT NOW???

If you can get anything approaching a guaranteed OML you are an extremely lucky player. . .

That's kind of the problem with pure RNG endgame rewards. some people have opened up hundreds of LTs and have 1 or 0 OMLs. I have opened something like 70 and have 0 OMLs. But somewhere out there is someone who has opened 25 LTs and has 3 or 4 OMLs. It's true that everything will even out of the long run, but given the very small token odds and the relatively small numbers of tokens that people can earn, the "long run" is possibly longer than the entire lifespan of the game. It's just not good for the health of the game when outcomes can vary so wildly with so little relation to playtime or even $$ spent.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    I've opened my 29 tokens and I bought 22 more 'classical' with my whole pool of cp.
    From these 51 tokens, I pulled only two 5*: 1 black SS and 1 yellow OML.
    A bit below the expectations, but the probabilities could have screwed me more, and I have still pulled one OML .

Thus, I can say I'm quite happy icon_e_smile.gif
  • With these kind of draw rates I am really wondering if better to just spend CP on 5* covers. I have a 2/1/3 OML - so I have all the base covers, it just seems utterly pointless to try and play the RNG to draw more covers. 720CP would net me 34 tries to get an OML cover - but from seeing peoples experiences in this thread its easily possible I might not draw a single one.

Is anyone else considering just buying covers with CP now?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Vhailorx wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

If you can get anything approaching a guaranteed OML you are an extremely lucky player. . .

That's kind of the problem with pure RNG endgame rewards. some people have opened up hundreds of LTs and have 1 or 0 OMLs. I have opened something like 70 and have 0 OMLs. But somewhere out there is someone who has opened 25 LTs and has 3 or 4 OMLs. It's true that everything will even out of the long run, but given the very small token odds and the relatively small numbers of tokens that people can earn, the "long run" is possibly longer than the entire lifespan of the game. It's just not good for the health of the game when outcomes can vary so wildly with so little relation to playtime or even $$ spent.

......but I'd someone was going to TRY and get the best possibility of having him, is the time now? Or is the time when he goes to the other set of tokens?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    ......but I'd someone was going to TRY and get the best possibility of having him, is the time now? Or is the time when he goes to the other set of tokens?

Assuming you saved both your LT and CP. Then now is the best time to open and keep opening all new LT chances. If you wait you basically eliminate 1/2 of your possible chances.

But if all you have is CP, then it doesnt matter. Your chances don't change when the next 5* drops. Which is probably within a week or so.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just hoping for an OML yellowflag.png so my current Logan (1/0/1) can finally be viable. Plus his blackflag.png is the daily reward for day 820; I'm currently on day 790. A 2/1/1 OML would make me very satisfied

I opened 18 tokens yesterday hoping to score a yellow too. Mine is currently 1/0/3. I end up with another red.

Was hoarding them since my 4* are getting close to optimal covers (with no iso to max and champion). Was expecting at least 1 Rhulk or Black Suit Spidey, but instead got a bunch of dupes and the only useful cover was Cho and Miles.
  • superho wrote:
    With these kind of draw rates I am really wondering if better to just spend CP on 5* covers. I have a 2/1/3 OML - so I have all the base covers, it just seems utterly pointless to try and play the RNG to draw more covers. 720CP would net me 34 tries to get an OML cover - but from seeing peoples experiences in this thread its easily possible I might not draw a single one.

It doesn't make sense to buy with CP until you get 5 of a color and could potentially draw one that was useless.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is Thursday, with the MPQ reveal story posting Wednesday. That was roughly the timeline for Spidey.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    superho wrote:
    With these kind of draw rates I am really wondering if better to just spend CP on 5* covers. I have a 2/1/3 OML - so I have all the base covers, it just seems utterly pointless to try and play the RNG to draw more covers. 720CP would net me 34 tries to get an OML cover - but from seeing peoples experiences in this thread its easily possible I might not draw a single one.

It doesn't make sense to buy with CP until you get 5 of a color and could potentially draw one that was useless.
    My Phoenix is 5/1/3 now, so I'm fairly tempted to buy a purple cover for her eventually...
  • Quebbster wrote:
    superho wrote:

My Phoenix is 5/1/3 now, so I'm fairly tempted to buy a purple cover for her eventually...
    The other thing to conisder is that you are missing out on likely several other 5* covers as well when you do that. It's basically a "I only care about getting this last purple cover, and don't need/want any other 5* covers."