Two game mechanic questions

JD Geek
JD Geek Posts: 80
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
1 - I know that when someone is stunned their match damage is removed and it falls to one of the other unstunned characters. Who does damage when everyone is stunned? For example, when jean stuns the team and the crit makes more matches.

2 - Does it matter which node you skip? If I skip the same node over and over is that different from skipping all three nodes?

Comments

• QuizB
    QuizB Posts: 35
    Can't say about number 2, but for number 1 I've noticed that all cascades past the team stun point have no damage applied.

AP generation on the other hand...never actually thought to look at it. Not sure, but my gut says no as well.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    JD Geek wrote:
    1 - I know that when someone is stunned their match damage is removed and it falls to one of the other unstunned characters. Who does damage when everyone is stunned? For example, when jean stuns the team and the crit makes more matches.

2 - Does it matter which node you skip? If I skip the same node over and over is that different from skipping all three nodes?
    Good question for number one since it still does damage and generates AP. I am guessing the damage is done as if they were all not stunned if they are all stunned.

For your 2nd question in PVP it does not matter if you skip one node over the other. Your queue of available players is the same no matter where you skip. I am partial to the lower left node to skip first.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Blasphemy! Everyone knows you skip lower right node. You must be one of those Left Twix people.
  • JD Geek wrote:
    Does it matter which node you skip? If I skip the same node over and over is that different from skipping all three nodes?

I believe it doesn't (except you cannot queue the same opponent on two nodes at once). I base this on the following scenario: while looking at all yellow PvP nodes, you get attacked. The dialog appears, but the retaliation node has not applied to a node yet. You can pick where the retaliation will be by picking a node to skip. It will turn red. This is how you can save other nodes in this situation. If you don't skip, you can play a node and that retaliation will appear on the node you just completed. If you get more attacks while outside of this screen, they will take over your other nodes including playing a match. Also note if you do get attacked or the game is doing a sync/authentication in the middle of the day and you are waiting in the prepare screen for a match, the selection can redirect to the top node and you can start a match against the wrong node or if you you look at the roster, it will show the top node's instead.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    For the question regarding all-stun, I haven't confirmed this but I believe all damage dealt become 1x?

I remember once I saw an opportunity to make a match-5 that would cascade to another match-5, but the opponent had a Jean on their team, with less than 1k health left. I thought I would do the match anyway since I figured that the resulting cascade would take her out and it was worth taking her passive. The first match-5 did a pretty decent damage, however, the second match-5 and resulting crit match did very little, which happened after my team was stunned by Jean. So I figured that was because the match damages were calculated at the minimum damage, since there were no characters left to apply the damage multipliers.