PVE Rewards --

FaustianDeal
FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
I approve of the changes to add more prizes to the PVE reward queue on each node. I still feel like a little more could be done here.

1 - A 24 hour node is expected to be played 9 times to be considered 'optimal'. Can the reward queue be deepened to 8-9 items in 24 hour subs so someone who gets to 'near optimal' is still getting rewards for each play?
2 - A 48 hour node is expected to be played 12 times, but still has the same 7-deep reward queue. Reward queues for 48 hour nodes (especially) need to be deepened. I would say to, at least, 10.
3 - Nodes that a player can only play 1 time should only have 1 reward. Why offer a variety of prizes on a node we can only play once? disappointing.
4 - Nodes that only offer 1 reward should not be repeatable. (there are several obvious examples of grindable nodes that only gave a reward once.)
5 - (More of a 4b) Survival Node rewards are structured in such a way that we only get rewards from each wave one time, but they are still, usually, replayable and, therefore, could have their reward queues deepened. Could it be possible to have a different reward queue for each wave of a survival node? These are some of the toughest nodes to beat, making it sting that much more when no prizes come out of them after the first clear.

I realize that we are grinding at the end of subs in an attempt to secure placement rewards, but this are anything but a guarantee.

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would assume that they are happy with those last couple of clears being just for points since those are not needed for progression and are done by people looking for placement rewards, but they could definitely do with upping the amount of rewards on 48 hour nodes and also on those repeatable nodes that are open for an entire event since even people not pushing for optimal placement will still end up clearing out those completely.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    I would assume that they are happy with those last couple of clears being just for points since those are not needed for progression and are done by people looking for placement rewards
    In Hulk sub1, I cleared each node twice for no rewards. There are 9 subs. The event is 7 days. If I keep this up, I'm doing an extra 126 battles, and the only difference in placement rewards would be that I'll end up t10 instead of t50. I'm not seeing how the difference between those two tiers is worth fighting 126 battles.
  • Crowl
    simonsez wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    I would assume that they are happy with those last couple of clears being just for points since those are not needed for progression and are done by people looking for placement rewards
    In Hulk sub1, I cleared each node twice for no rewards. There are 9 subs. The event is 7 days. If I keep this up, I'm doing an extra 126 battles, and the only difference in placement rewards would be that I'll end up t10 instead of t50. I'm not seeing how the difference between those two tiers is worth fighting 126 battles.

So don't do the extra clears then, you aren't forced to do them unless you want to hit t10, but in any case those 126 battles would be worth 1+ Antman covers, 350hp and 7cp if all the Hulk subs are 24 hours.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Crowl wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

So don't do the extra clears then, you aren't forced to do them unless you want to hit t10, but in any case those 126 battles would be worth 1+ Antman covers, 350hp and 7cp if all the Hulk subs are 24 hours.

700 cp for top-10. And if you get top-2, it's seven additional tokens and seven more cp. Is that worth 126 extra battles? Your call.
  • simonsez
    700 cp for top-10
    700?? Please explain.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thinking that was meant to be HP, 100 per sub.
  • simonsez
    Thinking that was meant to be HP, 100 per sub.
    Yeah, that would make sense.

So it's 350 extra, T50 vs. T10... and if I save my tokens for a heroic 40-pack... that gets me 1/32 of the way there. Which means I need to fight 4,032 battles to get the equivalent of one LT and a boatload of moonstones and MrF's. Circling back to Crowl's question, no, that doesn't seem worth it. So yeah, I'd like to see the node rewards go deeper than 7 or have a default reward added, so people aren't playing nodes for zero when going for T10.
  • Crowl
    How many clears are you finding you need to do anyway? I'm finding that 7 clears plus grinding the trivials to 1 (doesn't cost any health packs) has been enough for me to hit t10 in each daily sub of the hulk so far.

They clearly need to go deeper on the 48 hour subs though since going beyond 7 clears would be fairly common on those even without significant grinding.
  • simonsez
    Crowl wrote:
    How many clears are you finding you need to do anyway? I'm finding that 7 clears plus grinding the trivials to 1 (doesn't cost any health packs) has been enough for me to hit t10 in each daily sub of the hulk so far.
    My bracket might be more competitive. I'm grinding down to 1 because I want the antman covers, and I'm just a couple thousand ahead of 10th. Not tracking points, but I think I'd be behind him had I stopped early in the previous 3 grinds.