Wave Node logic

CrazyMonkey
CrazyMonkey Posts: 4
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
During the last event, (Hearts of Darkness) each chapter had a few wave nodes. Did anyone else experience passive powers going off at the be beginning of the next wave AFTER clearing the previous wave on an ability?

For example, one of the waves were all goons and the next wave was CStorm / JGrey / xxxx (cant remember the last). So I would use Black Widow's sniper rifle to clear the goon wave. All the goons go down, and the next wave in queue shows up. Immediately you get CStorm's Raging tempest going off 3 times even though its a new wave. Not sure if that was intended on the logic of passive skills on wave nodes but it doesn't really make sense to me because CStorm wasn't even in the previous wave.

Another example from that event also involved the next wave containing Classic Bullseye***. I don't remember the exact circumstances but I believe it involved Sentry on the current wave and Bullseye on the next. Sentry fired off Supernova, killing himself and one of my characters and was the last remaining enemy on that wave. Next wave comes up and Bullseye immediately fires off Contract Killer filling the board with strike tiles. How is that even possible when it wasn't Bullseye that delivered the killing blow?

Did anyone else experience this as well? I feel like the logic of passive skills firing off on a new wave is an oversight on wave nodes.

Comments

• That's odd because the CStorm example didn't occur for me. I would finish wave 2 off with Patch's Green so I could clear the last wave before they got a chance to do anything, since Jean Grey is friggin' terrifying. So the killshot ability on the last guy in wave 2 would've triggered Raging Tempest in your example but it never did for me.

Did this happen multiple times for you? If it's something you effectively reproduced, you can probably encounter it again in a wave PvE event in Deadpool or the Hulk. It'd be interesting to see a recording of that in action.
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    This bug (I believe that it isn't some weird logic here) persists from patch to patch - I can't remember how many times I was Photonic Blasted and Hypersonic Punched after Capt. Marvel appearing with a new wave and getting redtile.png / blacktile.png without taking real damage. I even made a thread (a couple of months ago) @ bugs section, but didn't get any response. I hope d3 will fix it one day, because it's kinda unpredictable and frustrating as hell.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    There is a similar bug that would show up in the fourth wave of the Big Enchilada when it was the Sentry/Thor/Black Panther version. If there was enough enemy red and you didn't finish wave three with a power/match 5, Sentry would use Supernova at some in-between phase in such a way that you would take damage but the enemy team would not, because they haven't appeared yet (their health would flash when they appeared, but not reduce).
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    You are not alone. I had the exact same CStorm scenario. I'm pretty sure it was the first time it had ever happened to me (based on the amount of profanity it inspired).
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    This is very common when Captain Marvel shows up in the second wave of Big Enchilada (which probably won't happen any more since they've changed it) - Energy Absorption will trigger from the killing blow on the last enemy in the previous wave.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had the cstorm thing happen to me as well. Luckily, it didn't do enough damage to really hurt, but still, it's a bug allright. But it looks like there are more bugs related to wave nodes as well, like the other ones mentioned in this thread. I've also seen weird things related to enemy character portraits, where the last enemy in a wave suddenly 'transforms' into a next-wave enemy before dying.
  • Hellheart wrote:
    Did this happen multiple times for you? If it's something you effectively reproduced, you can probably encounter it again in a wave PvE event in Deadpool or the Hulk. It'd be interesting to see a recording of that in action.

Yeah it happened to me at least twice. Forgot that CStorm was on the next wave so on my second run through of the sub-event I did the exact same thing and got the same results. Raging tempest to the face x 3
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Did y'all report all of this in the Bugs forum?

If not..........
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been reported every couple of weeks for months...