Fixing the economics of the game Player Poll

Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok so I posted this original message in the Suggestions/Feedback but I want to take a poll of active players on the forum to see if they think they would be willing to spend more money if they changed what they could buy with it on MPQ. Since very few players go to that forum and this fundamentally is a big issue for the game in general, I think the poll is appropriate here. Focus on the second part of my suggestion for the poll only please:

Original Post by Me:
1.) Players need more iso - make every "random" daily Shield reward from day 1 to 365 worth 500 iso, from day 366-500 2500 iso, from day 501+ make it 4000 iso
2.) get rid of buying HP and ISO as store options - instead offer a bundled package of the following:

$5 - 1 heroic token, 150 HP and 5000 ISO
$10 - 2 CP, 3 heroic tokens, 20,000 ISO, 250 HP
$20 - 3 CP, 6 heroic tokens, 60,000 ISO 700HP
$50 - 10 CP, 1 Legend Token (20 CP kind), 7 heroic tokens, 100,000 ISO, 1500HP and +1 CP for your alliance
$100 - 20CP, 2 Legend Tokens (1 of each kind), 12 heroic tokens 250,000 ISO 3000 HP and +5 CP for your alliance

Do this and I imagine you will see a lot more people spend money on your game...if you are against selling CP directly change the 20CP in the $100 tier to a third Legendary token then and the other CP rewards to heroic tokens. You can keep selling individual HP if you wish however, I think most people would lean towards the bundled packages unless they were using the HP to buy 10-packs or 40 packs.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    way too few hero points, alot buy to get token packs and whatnot, even @ $100, you can barely get a 10 pack... no way.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    for the way I handle my roster (I don't buy packs), I'd love that $100 combo pack. but I have most of my key 4*s covered. really only need a rulk red to finish out all the top half characters. oh, a px purple too. all the rest of hb/jg/cyke/ice/xp/think/kp/4thor/xfw = done. that's the typical core. and I don't roster every 2* and I'm not maxing all my 3*s, so large packs are, too often, an inefficient transfer of hp to iso imo. i'll jump at maxing im40 now, but I might never return to my 3*s at this point for blade, patch, grocket, doom, etc. I'd love the iso, LTs (for 5s) and cp. and a little hp so I can splurge on a 24 hr shield or healthpacks or boosts once in a while.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the idea of a package as it can really help newer players progress. I think once you get in to the 4* transition your priorities change and being able to direct buy the resources you need is important. For $20 you should be able to level a 4* character with ISO. The fact that you currently can't level a 3* for $20 is just a poor deal.
    Another item that would be nice to see is being able to convert HP to ISO or CP. other FTP games let you flip one currency for another. Think about it this way if you could only buy HP but you could convert that HP to ISO or CP or shields or Health Packs it brings more versatility to the currency. Now they might not want to do CP right now, but if you could convert 1000 HP to 100k ISO more players could level their characters and would still be using in game resources.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    but if you could convert 1000 HP to 100k ISO...
    sign me up. I have enough hp right nowto convert and do all of the next 5-6 things on my iso list. I'd be completely out of hp, but I'd add im40, 4cyke, xpool, thing, 320 SS, and all the newer characters that have a shot at ddq day up to 145. then I could focus on mid tier like 4thor, kp, and xfw. I'd buy if there were a conversion that lucrative.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I drop a twenty on the game every now and then, so I am not opposed to more buying choices
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    This is still too high.

Consider modern console gaming. A typical expansion would be anywhere from $5-$20. In many cases this adds new playable characters to the game. Even Lego Dimensions, for a new character, is $15 and you get an actual minifig + toy in a box.

If it was $10-15 to fully level a 4* I'd consider it. But at current prices, requiring $100's of dollars, it is insane. So much value elsewhere for me to spend money on. More power to the people willing to pay, but not here.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I have paid for roster slots, and I suppose I probably will again because they're starting to cost an awful lot of HP. There isn't anything else I would consider paying for. Iso is a joke currency that doesn't actually have any value for changing your gaming experience, and CPs are a one-way ticket to the horrible 5* meta.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    way too few hero points, alot buy to get token packs and whatnot, even @ $100, you can barely get a 10 pack... no way.
    I agree with this, but voted for the last option anyway. I like the idea of bundles like this.
  • I really like the idea of package options and definitely think that the price of ISO is way too high.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

Yes well that is really the only use for HP anyway these days, expect shielding and rosters thus the reduced importance of HP in the packaged deal. I don't personally buy token packs because RNG but that is why I put the option on the vote to maintain the ability to buy just HP for those who do. No one would want the ability to just buy iso as is because it is terrible. I would be willing to buy a packaged deal that offered a variety of resources. Plus you are getting 3000 HP of heroic covers as well with the $100 buy in addition to the actual HP.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    They will never increase iso by 3.5x, and give you hp, and tokens , and comps

$100 gets you 78k iso8.png, you're suggesting 250k + more bundled
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    So your plan is basically to have them sell access to 5 stars?

3 Legendary tokens, not enough HP to actually buy a 40 pack and lots of ISO for 100 bucks? And some more CP again for your whole alliance.

A 'cheap' 40 pack becomes 300 bucks, but you get 9 draws at a 5 star.
  • Would suggest a "Have spent some money but won't spend anymore period/ until other issues are fixed I.e CLC, Nerfing, or even numerous"bugs"."

That's my vote, just a suggestion.

Only suggestion for improvement to current "economics" is introduce more slimming down packs number of available characters and increasing draw rates. And adding new boost variety adding a group of boost with Packs.