Please explain tile locks

Unknown
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm day 836 and I've yet to see a way of effectively using tile lock powers other than as a means to an end, i.e. deploy Bag Lady force bubbles only when I have enough green to detonate for massive damage, or Quicksilver match blue in the hope of getting 5 on the board at the same time. Yeah, this is prompted by the Hulk PVE forcing me to use these two. Other than Bag man does any other character have tile lock powers?

Anyway, does anyone here find them useful and employ them effectively other than, as I say, a means to an end. They just seem to mess up the board for me as much as my opponent when I use them.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It can be very useful to lock countdowns with Invisible Woman/Bagman to stop them from resolving. Of course, you need to take out the goon before unlocking it, so it's not a perfect solution by any means.
  • You can lock countdowns?! *facepalm*
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I think you need 5 blue for Invisible Woman to lock CD tiles, but yeah it can be done.

But yeah it's not that great a way to deal with CD tiles. If I must, I prefer to spawn the bubble next to the CD tile then use Force Field Crush to take out the CD tile completely.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Against ultron Tetris, if you can lock the entire first row, you can stop him from producing bombs.

That is one creative use for lock tiles.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    Against ultron Tetris, if you can lock the entire first row, you can stop him from producing bombs.

Oh my. That's... a lot of AP you need for that trick. Neat if you manage to pull it off though.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

Oh my. That's... a lot of AP you need for that trick. Neat if you manage to pull it off though.

IW + All New IM40 might be the new Ultron buster team?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    IW + Lazy Cap + IM40 (1 yellow cover before) was already the Ultron buster team... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    In addition to locking countdowns, locking a special tile also negates the effects of that tile while locked. It can be very helpful for those hard to reach special tiles.
  • I just had a horrible image in my head of locking Scarlet Witch's Countdown, she creates another one, then they both go off together...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ooh, or alternatively, lock your Iron Fist's Attack Tile! Let him create another one then free it for double fist bumps!
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler

Ooh, or alternatively, lock your Iron Fist's Attack Tile! Let him create another one then free it for double fist bumps!

I just discovered that trick yesterday. Works with IF and Cage. Double fist, double shield!
  • It's almost as good as Ant Man stealing both of them for 3 turns in a row icon_e_smile.gif
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    I just had a horrible image in my head of locking Scarlet Witch's Countdown, she creates another one, then they both go off together...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm pretty sure that even though they're locked, they still exist for purposes of powers which state "if one does not exist."
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I just had a horrible image in my head of locking Scarlet Witch's Countdown, she creates another one, then they both go off together...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm pretty sure that even though they're locked, they still exist for purposes of powers which state "if one does not exist."

I would've thought so too but my IF made a 2nd attack tile after the first one was locked...
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Locking big strike tiles like groot, fury or oml to stop them from being matched away