Optional Hard AI mode

Options
Buret0
Buret0 Posts: 1,591
Some time ago a new developer was hired and he came in with the idea of upgrading the AI. The new AI would be less likely to destroy its own tiles, more likely to destroy your tiles, and be capable of making non-linear match 5s. The project was shelved because the devs didn't think the users wanted a better AI.

But what if they did?
the-grinder-sunglasses.gif?itok=I0Y5UUOC

I know there's a lot of Grinder fans on here because they thought it was a show about playing the last hour of a PvE event.

I'm talking about an option hard AI mode. Why in the name of Ares would we want this? Simple: better prizes.

Sure, some people come to play for the PvP grind and the PvE grind and they don't want a harder time getting their rankings. That's fair, because guess what: AI difficulty levels can be set to normal or hard. You play on normal mode when you are just looking to grind for ranking. You play on hard mode when you are looking to get better prizes for victory.

What kind of better prizes you ask? Well, for starters, whatever you would have collected for winning on normal mode? DOUBLE IT!

That's right. If you would have won 1 CP in the more difficult nodes, you win 2 CP. If you would have won an event token, YOU WIN TWO!

Now what would hard mode mean?

AI can double-tap an ability. AI can cast abilities out of order (so RHulk can cast green after purple, HB can cast red after black). AI can make a match five and then use that AP. When deciding whether to save for a higher cost ability, the AI will do a damage per AP assessment. The AI will avoid matching its own special tiles and will actively seek to destroy yours.

Some of us want a challenge in each fight and we care more about the battle than the rank we obtain in an event. This would reward us for our hard work, just in a different way than normal.

Comments

• Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Interesting idea. If anything this would be a great addition to Deadpools Daily, an extra node that is set on Ludicrous. Of course the reward for beating this node would have to be 20 Iso...
  • It sounds to me like a good way to get a lot of people mad and start to whine about how the game is all luck based.

Which happens whenever there's a difficulty spike anyways.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    Interesting idea. If anything this would be a great addition to Deadpools Daily, an extra node that is set on Ludicrous. Of course the reward for beating this node would have to be 20 Iso...
    And when you lose Lone Star pops up and says "they've gone to plad!"
  • Buret0
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    It sounds to me like a good way to get a lot of people mad and start to whine about how the game is all luck based.

Which happens whenever there's a difficulty spike anyways.

"Hard mode" would be an option.
  • Buret0
    Options
    And the AI gets to move first? icon_lol.gif

Sure, if my passives all fire on my first turn. : )