Scaling levels

Mrwbdeal
Mrwbdeal Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Have read about scaling and levels, but are their certain hard numbers ??? Was told to hold my 3* at 104 then make a group jump to 120. So are those the levels and what are the ones after that??? Or are their other factors to consider ??? Sorry if this is covered before, see lots of good posts on scaling but no hard numbers. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    There are no magic numbers when scaling gets harder. It is a formula based off of the top 3 characters available for an event.

The stepping stones that have been outlined like 104 and 120 deal more with ISO cost and tanking of colors. At 104 for example, your 2* characters can still tank most colors over a 3*. And 120 is where the cost to level up 3*s gets much more expensive.

The key is just move your best players together in a group to a new number. So if you have your 3* A and B teams covered enough they can all go to 140, you move them there together so they support each other as the game gets harder. Where you get killed is if you just level up 1 or 2 characters to a high level and leave the rest of the roster at a low level. This is why rostering 5* characters before you are ready kills your scaling.
  • I would just like to point out that I only learned about this aspect of the game from the forums, it is mentioned nowhere within the game, and it is ridiculous. This actively discourages playing the game the way that you want to.
  • shusheshe
    shusheshe Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    They don't mention softcapping in the game because this was an unintended consequence done by the players to make the game playable/more enjoyable. The developers don't want you to do this (consider it a 'weird' thing to do) and have pushed out championing in an effort to get people to stop doing this but I'm still holding back on leveling my chars until I get enough ISO to do it as a group because the actual scaling issues still haven't been fixed yet. I'm also banking my cp and legendary tokens because I don't want a 5* to ruin my scaling.

My current personal rule is to up my full covered 3*s ten levels behind my highest championed 2*.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    there is supposed to be an adjustment coming to scaling that might affect the effectiveness of soft-capping. holding onto iso until that hits and we see how things will be affected is probably smart. shusheshe's plan is probably smart and keeps the pve part of the game pretty playable for them. and until you get some 166s, pvp is only for some tokens and iso anyway.