Should Demiurge fix Deadpool Superwhales?

kensterr
kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Cos it currently does around 90K AOE damage. Maybe less. That AOE isn't enough for maxed and buffed championed 5*s.

My friend the King is sporting enough that he wants people to give his awesome championed 5*s a go. My roster with my **** LT token and CP pulls didn't give me enough covers for my 5*s. And my wallet is too empty to buy many many Starks to keep trying to get 5*s and to get loads of ISO from selling useless **** covers, like The Totally Not Awesome Hulk.

So my only option to hit the King, and the other awesome flers in LR and SSIM would be to use superwhales on them. I would love to see the look on their faces when they realise that my **** roster isn't a pushover when I drop Deadpool's superwhales on them.

I mean c'mon! Deadpool is a hit in the theaters but his superwhales power isn't even insta-killing those whaling players who somehow are very lucky with every buyers club they joined.

Comments

• SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I think you're exaggerating a bit?

The highest levels of championed 5*s that I've found so far are about 460-475. And they still have 45-50k hp.

So with a level cap of 550, they've got, let's say, 90 levels to go, from 45k hp. As long as they are gaining less than 500 hp a level (which they are), then they won't hit above 90k hp.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I'm all for buffing the Deadpool Whales. Whaling is already limited by the points you have to pay so it's hardly a sustainable counter to 5star teams. With those super 5stars you'll need a bit of luck too to collect enough AP to cast them before they kill you with match damage.
  • kensterr
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    I'm all for buffing the Deadpool Whales. Whaling is already limited by the points you have to pay so it's hardly a sustainable counter to 5star teams. With those super 5stars you'll need a bit of luck too to collect enough AP to cast them before they kill you with match damage.

Glad that you agree.

It's a risk but at least the option should be made available to those who want to risk it, right?
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    leave the dmg, reduce the so cost to 7 purple icon_mrgreen.gif
  • kensterr
    ammenell wrote:
    leave the dmg, reduce the so cost to 7 purple icon_mrgreen.gif

icon_e_smile.gif Sure that's a good idea until you get hit by the King and realise that even 7 purple won't save your behind. icon_e_sad.gif
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    07924809-5b11-4eac-bed8-c3aeac7d9d4a_zpsbfvx9hsc.png

As someone in the business of making spicy tacos, I support this cause. pinktile.png
  • I wouldn't complain too loudly that a lower star ability should be able to one shot a 5*... remember what happened to Venom.
  • kensterr
    I wouldn't complain too loudly that a lower star ability should be able to one shot a 5*... remember what happened to Venom.
    If that's the case then just give more points for using him daily so that the points accumulate faster.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Yes. And you know what else would be fun? More characters (not all) having super moves like Whales. Might make gauntlet PVE a tad easier, but I'm sure devs could fix that as easy as the DDP changes. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I think it's funny you think a 3Pool (or whatever team you are talking about bringing and a Whale Team-up) is going to last long enough for you to get enough AP to use whales against the super champ.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    I think it's funny you think a 3Pool (or whatever team you are talking about bringing and a Whale Team-up) is going to last long enough for you to get enough AP to use whales against the super champ.

Did it to cake in Ssim last season, 3 max 5*s, i used im35, 1* storm, and 2* champ Thor, boost 2 tu ap, boost 2 yellow AP, 1* storm yellow gathers 5 tu AP per cast, it took 3 or 4 turns, not hard at all.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Malcrof wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

Did it to cake in Ssim last season, 3 max 5*s, i used im35, 1* storm, and 2* champ Thor, boost 2 tu ap, boost 2 yellow AP, 1* storm yellow gathers 5 tu AP per cast, it took 3 or 4 turns, not hard at all.

As in maxed or max champed? Because max championed OML is leaps and bounds stronger than Maxed OML.

A max champed OML with over 90K health (as per the OP) does 1348/1198/1049/678 match damage per black/yellow/red/team tile.

A match 3 (black) does 4,044 on a max champ (1,872 on a maxed non-champ)
    A match 4 (black) does between 5,968 and 10,184 damage on a max champ.
    A crit match 4 (black) does between 18,480 and 35,344 damage on a max champ.

Even if he's only bringing OML, your cupcake team wouldn't survive match damage. If he's bringing all three champs, you would be dead before 4 turns. : )
  • kensterr
    Well at least give us a chance if we want to try to survive the match damage. And I don't need to bring 3*DP with me. I can bring his TU.