Is Wolverine still worth leveling heavily?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hi folks,

So I'm currently transitioning from 1* to 2 **. These are the highlights of my roster:

Level 50 mStorm, 5/5/3
Level 39 IMan35, 4/5/4 (to be respec'd as soon as I get a red)
Level 32 mBW, 5/5

Level 27 aWolvie, 3/3/3
Level 22 Thor, 2/1/2
Level 6 cStorm, 1/1/2
LEvel 6 oBW, 0/0/1

Also a cover each of 3* magneto, iron man and ragnarok

I was planning on working on Thor as my next 2**, and swapping him out with iron man, then swapping mStorm for Wolvie and mBW for oBW (if I ever find the covers).

That said, I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews of Wolvie and Thor since the nerfs. Is it still worth leveling them as my first 2*s, or would it be better to work on/wait for different 2* covers? cStorm, Ares, oBW?

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thor - definitely still worth leveling. His ideal build changed (you want 5 in yellow for sure) but he's still good. Wolvie is a tougher call. I'm still finding him fairly effective when paired with the right people, but looking at your roster you're probably better off focusing on Thor for now. You will still want to work on getting covers for OBW and cStorm, though.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While he's clearly not as powerful at before, I would still consider him near the top of the food chain in terms of 2* characters. His green still make reasonable strike tiles, and his red is extremely efficient in terms of pure damage. My philosophy on transitioning into 2* characters (which I will put in my guide soon) is that as long as the character is a high tier 2* character (of which Wolvie still is), just go with whatever covers you have the most of so that you can use the character immediately and transition ASAP. Your Wolvie is by far your most covered up guy, and getting him to high levels means that you can start doing better in events/tourneys so that you can earn more 2* covers.
  • Thanks folks, that's helpful to hear. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Just a note, I'm currently still using Thorverine, and I have to say that yes, Wolverine hits pretty darned hard, but that ISO investment would be better with Thor/Daken.

Passive abilities never go to waste on the defense, and on the offense, you can focus all your AP into Thor while getting 2x Strike Tiles per green match.

TBH, I really regret leveling my 2* Wolvie to L77, but since he's there, the moment I've spare ISO I'm leveling him up to L85. It's just that with a maxed Thor/Daken, I'd rather invest the ISO into whoever happens to be the essential Hero for the PVP tourney.
  • Wolverine was probably hit harder with the nerf hammer harder than Thor - Wolverine's yellow went from critical to borderline useless, whereas Thor is only a little weaker to me, if that (admittedly, since I never had his red higher than 3, I didn't get to see it at max before it was nerfed).

I'd put ISO into Thor before Wolverine.