Deadpool Faily

Yoik
Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Another generalized rant from a long term player. Full of inane whine's and explanation marks about ledge pulls.

Prof X DP daily. Pull…………… inv woman green.

I don’t want that. I’d like a 5 star Logan or a cover on the other umpteen 4 stars I need. RNG should be changed to be a little cleverer. Maybe……… “ Not so Random as it takes into consideration the players remaining covers needed generation “ or NSRAITICTPRCNG for short.

!!!!!

That is all.

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Yoik wrote:
    Another generalized rant from a long term player. Full of inane whine's and explanation marks about ledge pulls.

Prof X DP daily. Pull…………… inv woman green.

I don’t want that. I’d like a 5 star Logan or a cover on the other umpteen 4 stars I need. RNG should be changed to be a little cleverer. Maybe……… “ Not so Random as it takes into consideration the players remaining covers needed generation “ or NSRAITICTPRCNG for short.

!!!!!

That is all.

NSRAITICTPRCNG... catchy, I like it.
  • That's a catchphrase I could get behind.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dev here.

It's already been done. The NSRAITICTPRCNG has determined that you needed the IW cover to promote her one level using the championing feature. Enjoy the game
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't mind throwing out these pulls (threw out a starlord yesterday) quite so much if daily 4* DDQ was a thing.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be cool if they could track and enforce the odds on an individual basis. Every 10th LT pull (of whichever type) gets you a 5*, the other 9 give you a randomized 4* and no 5*. That change alone would make the sting of a 15th IW go away because I know that for every 9 IW, I'd get a 5*.
  • Man, I've been having the opposite sort of luck with tokens.

As somebody stockpiling them until I get enough HP for a roster slot, every time I open a few it's a rush to get one of the last few cruddy 3*s or 4*s I don't have instead of anything that'd actually develop the meat of my roster...or even IW.

There's only 3 3*s I'm missing. I got 100+ standard and 100+ nonTaco heroics I'm just dying to open... and my third standard token is a goshdarn Vision.

Like yeah he's underrated but not underrated enough that I plan to use him anytime soon. Time to wait another few weeks or the HP trickle.:T
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    What really annoys me, possibly more than a universally c*** draw like Starlord, is when you see the cover flash up and you are thinking wow I really need them, yippee and then you see it is a Cyc blue cover and you have him 3/3/5 - a nice sharp kick in the nuts that brings you back to earth cursing.

Same thing keeps happening with my 1/0/4 R Hulk (soon to be 1/0/5 with 3* Thor champing) - am I ever going to get that guy useable?!

Some equalising mechanism would be much appreciated
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, the excitement over the ddq lt turns to frustration when it's a completely useless cover. If this is supposed to be the end game, then why bother. So the next 5 days you wait for another chance to pull nothing.

It was a fun battle tough! Become invisible, let her gain more purple, then strike!!!
  • Juggernut
    Juggernut Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    I'm inclined to believe that the listed pull rates for the legendary tokens are bogus since the pull rates for older heroes (thoress, IW, thing, elektra, starlord etc) are much higher. Ever pulled 4 IW consecutively from a total of 6 legendary tokens? Been there. Ever sold 7 IW and 5 elektras dupes? Done that. Why am I salty? Because my other 4*s only has about 1-2 covers each. Don't even get me started on 5*s since I think I'll have a better chance of finding a unicorn.
  • mpqr7
    That's why I championed my IW. Because it's a win-win. Either:

A) I keep pulling her covers, in which case I get great prizes instead of just 1000 iso.

or

B) I finally stop pulling her, and I pull more useful 4*s or even perhaps maybe a 5* at some point (a man can dream)?
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    That's why I championed my IW. Because it's a win-win. Either:

A) I keep pulling her covers, in which case I get great prizes instead of just 1000 iso.

or

B) I finally stop pulling her, and I pull more useful 4*s or even perhaps maybe a 5* at some point (a man can dream)?

A good way to guarantee more Starlord and Elektra pulls icon_e_wink.gif

I would throw CHulk on to the list of high chance to pull - I inexplicably have him at 3/3/2
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Just the thread I was looking to make.

Managed to scrape together enough cp for a classic LT, and combined with my prof. X token today I got two pulls.

Invis Woman yellow (technically usable, but effectively worthless since I can already best her ddq node and will never use her otherwise)

4* Thor red (worse than worthless. Already have 5 red and 12 covers overall. Getting 13th and final blue cover from daily rewards in 3 days. So all this does is taunt me for not having the 270k iso necessary to max/champ her in the next 14 days)

Meanwhile, my 4* transition remains completely stalled by blmy inability to get any of the key purple/green 4*s above 6 covers. And forget even a single oml cover. . .

Purely random endgame rewards are really getting frustrating. . .
  • Mr Fantastic I've actually started selling covers for now rather than training him. I will never level him past 74, he exists incase of essentials on PvE, so I'd rather have 1000 iso than nothing.
  • SnowcaTT
    I'd been holding for awhile while I was leveling a character. Opened 8 LT's this morning.

Tossed Blue Ant-man (x2) - have thirteen covers, but not maxed
    Tossed KP - have thirteen covers, but not maxed
    Tossed Fury - have thirteen covers, but not maxed
    Tossed IW - have thirteen covers, but not maxed
    Champed HB
    Champed XF
    Applied DPXF

Eight tokens - one that was of any (practical) use. Part of the problem is certainly not being able to champion non-maxed characters...and part of the problem is not being able to get the iso at a reasonable rate to max those characters.
  • mpqr7
    It's very tough that it takes around a month to champion each 4*. That's such incredibly slow progress, and once you already have a few decent 4*s, the rest aren't particularly better, so it doesn't do much except give you higher odds of being able to add champion levels instead of throw away each new LT that you open.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I'd been holding for awhile while I was leveling a character. Opened 8 LT's this morning.

Tossed KP - have thirteen covers, but not maxed
    Tossed Fury - have thirteen covers, but not maxed
    Tossed IW - have thirteen covers, but not maxed
    Champed HB
    Champed XF
    Applied DPXF

Emphasis mine. *deep breath* AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

It's stuff like this that makes me long for cover trading.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Emphasis mine. *deep breath* AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

It's stuff like this that makes me long for cover trading.

Off-topic, but tossed a third one of this specific cover today (within the span of a few days). Yet another reason RNG really, really sucks.