PvP Reward Display

Twysta
Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
Okay, first of all I know this works both ways... and it never really bothered me too much until the last PvP.
However the more I think about it - probably due to the fact I was really annoyed last night by this - you can't get rewarded a LOT less points than is displayed.
You just can't. This works on the same principles as why people dislike and wanted to get rid of the 20 ISO reward in PvE.
You can't tell someone is worth something/this much before going in... and after you come out of said action, you then say to them. Oh oops. Actually no, you only get this instead, which is worth a tenth of what you thought it was going to be.
Basically, can you either
a) fix the display to show accurate points you would gain when attacking someone
or
b) make sure you only receive the points shown in the display no matter what their score is: this may however prove a bit more complicated as it would be unfair if someone above them took more points from an opponent than they should, so it would be fairer to make sure they still lose less... but then this would inflate the scoring...

Just to let you know that this has and will continue to be a source of much frustration for many people upto now and in future and should at least be reviewed... cause c'mon.

61543041.jpg

Comments

• Similarly when you leave a fight and see your score for the event CLEARLY DISPLAYED as 1003. But then the server catches up and knocks you down without giving you the progression reward.

I understand that it would be much more resource-taxing to have a constant connection just to update scores, but please please please stop showing a fake score before you know the real one, unless you are going to give out the rewards for reaching that fake score.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Twysta wrote:
    you can't get rewarded a LOT less points than is displayed...
    sure you can!

Since this comes up so often, i will share 2 thoughts with you:

1. Never save an unverifiable target for longer than 10 minutes

If you browse the forums, there are as many posts about Incorrect pvp scoring as there are about getting slammed while trying to cross the 1k threshold... The time given is to placate all the "pvp etiquette" posts that keep popping up... 10 minutes allows for someone to finish their hop & shield up...

2. Only save verifiable targets

If you are looking for targets for a hop later in the event, only save scorers you can verify... Either, from within your own alliance, in your brackets leaderboard, in an alliance around your alliances rank, or in a top 10 alliance... If they have similar points, they will be worth 38 points to you, and the higher their score, the higher the possible points from the match are (up to 75)...
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    52882920.jpg