Has the ISO flow increased?

Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I used to calculate ISO earnings around 10K a day and a little extra for lightning rounds, so around 100 K a week. However, after completely depleting my ISO stockpile to max out X-force Deadpool I have noticed it growing a lot faster now - I think the earnings is at least 20K a day! Has anyone else noticed this?
I suspect the change to node rewards may be behind this - I play about as much as I did before, but obviously getting more than 20ISO will cause the pile to grow faster.

Comments

• If you play PvE's you should see an increase, if you don't... you won't.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, but the outflow has also increased a lot.
  • Quebbster
    If you play PvE's you should see an increase, if you don't... you won't.
    All the more reason to play PvE I say.
    Yeah, but the outflow has also increased a lot.
    Obviously. It's nice to know I can get the 300K ISO I need to max Carnage in about two weeks instead of a month though.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's actually a very specific benefit from the removal of 20 ISO and the shift to guaranteed ISO rewards. I'm almost certain that no-one else has brought it up yet - not since the change, and I never saw it mentioned previously when people were petitioning for change - and I'm a little anxious about discussing it since, if it hasn't been mentioned before then it's likely the devs never considered it. But I think it's definitely worth discussing, and as long as everyone realises it, then if it gets modified or removed it'll be pretty obvious that it's done to limit ISO gain rather than support it.

Anyway, I've been ambiguous enough. I'm talking about shared rewards. Specifically, you couldn't share the 20 ISO consolation prizes. Why does that matter?

Let's say that, under the previous system, you completed a node 7 times - getting 100 ISO on the first win, then staying at 1/4 prizes and getting 20 ISO on the next six wins. You come away from that mission having earned 220 ISO for your effort. It's certainly an "unlucky" and yet very possible scenario.
    Under the current system, an easy node will net you ~710 (200 + 100 + 100 + 70 + 70 + 70 + standard token) and a hard node ~1120. If you complete the node 7 times, you get 7 real prizes.
    I'm not sure what determines whether you get to share a prize or not, but I'm sure someone will let us know. In the first example, only 1 out of the 7 prizes could possibly be shared, but in the second example 7 out of 7 prizes can possibly be shared. Regardless of how "sharability" is determined, as there are more rewards being earned which can possibly be shared, more rewards will actually be shared.

The total ISO gain from shared rewards is, of course, relatively minor but it's effectively a drip-fed passive income, which is actually very nice to have. And more importantly, we're all (sorry Steam players) getting a lot more of it now than before.

So, in summary: yes, ISO flow has increased for people who play PvE - even more so for anyone sharing rewards. Hopefully this is something that the devs were aware of and are OK with it happening, because if not, I've just doomed us all. Sorry.
  • Hmmmmm, good point actually. The new shared rewards summary screen did come at just the right time!
  • Quebbster
    Since I don't have a Facebook account I am apparently missing out on a whole lot more now. icon_e_smile.gif
    (And yes, I was also a bit concerned about raising this for discussion but I figured it might be good to raise awareness. Also, the devs have their own ways of monitoring the ISO flow, they don't have to rely on forum discussions.)
  • Championing also plays a major part in positive ISO flow. Coupled with the new guaranteed rewards system in PVE, I've noticed a massive influx of ISO...

Thank you Devs. iso8.pngicon_e_wink.gif
  • Quebbster
    Championing also plays a major part in positive ISO flow. Coupled with the new guaranteed rewards system in PVE, I've noticed a massive influx of ISO...

You don't really get more ISO through championing though, you get as much ISO back as you put in. The true earnings there is extra tokens, CP and HP. It's a very nice feature but hardly an ISO mine.
  • I've been averaging 20k a day for the last fortnight, which got me IMHB championed. This seems partly down to the reward changes, but also the new prologue rewards really helped and I've milked them a bit now, so we'll see if the flow slows down
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm definitely up, for 2015 (post-DDQ) I was up around 15-16k per day, I've been at closer to 20k so far this year.

I'm going to make a post about the "no-20" PvE, but quickly comparing my results this DPvMPQ to previous incarnations, there's a definite increase there. That's even with the final grind being worth mostly 0 because of the 7 and only 7 system.

That's likely the biggest source. I haven't analyzed my PvP rewards in a while; I think the Iso/battle is up there as well, but that's probably a marginal increase.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't grind PVE nearly enough to notice a huge difference in Iso production. So for me, it's business as usual, with a small increase, hardly noticeable now that I'm sinking it into 4* characters.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It basically takes 2-3 weeks to champion a 4*, which is quite a long time. An entire pvp season.. that better be a good hero!
  • Quebbster
    mpqr7 wrote:
    It basically takes 2-3 weeks to champion a 4*, which is quite a long time. An entire pvp season.. that better be a good hero!
    So basically you can have Spider-Gwen fully leveled by the time the next 4* is released? Doesn't sound that bad to me... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • That's IF you have all the covers to let you pour that much iso into her... which would be surprising for most people at this stage.
  • Quebbster
    That's IF you have all the covers to let you pour that much iso into her... which would be surprising for most people at this stage.
    Yeah, but the ISO can be saved until the covers are coming...
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 wrote:

Except that I'm also having to feed iso to under-covered but viable 4* so they can complete their DDQ node. Last time I had no chance with Thing or Kingpin, but this time (with 12 and 13 covers, but sub-optimal builds) I do have a chance. . . but only if I invest the iso. Meanwhile I'm racing to get GoT championed so I don't waste imminent covers from Resupply and KK and Mohawk championing.

I love the change to the PvE rewards (as a Steam player, facebook sharing isn't available to me), but it's still such a huge crunch.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Championing also plays a major part in positive ISO flow. Coupled with the new guaranteed rewards system in PVE, I've noticed a massive influx of ISO...

You don't really get more ISO through championing though, you get as much ISO back as you put in. The true earnings there is extra tokens, CP and HP. It's a very nice feature but hardly an ISO mine.

I suppose you are correct Sir. Haha, I was fixated on every 4th post-Champion reward being 1000 ISO, but after factoring in the base cost of Championing a hero, the return isn't as seismic as I initially reported. I'll just stick to sports...

Moving on... Haha.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I don't get nearly as much. Maybe 10-12k per day with LR running. I understand ppl use pvp to grind iso, but I don't have time for that. icon_lol.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    It's the beginning of the PVP season. A small part of the boost could be that you're getting all the season progression rewards again.