IM40 Yellow Stun

grunzadin
grunzadin Posts: 52 Match Maker
Noticed that IM40's yellowtile.png self-stun went off after only two of his three tiles resolved. There wasn't anyone in the match that could shorten or extend cooldown tiles.

My best guess as to what happened: Scarlet Witch was also on my team, and I think her blue tile resolved after two of IM40's yellow tiles but before the third IM40 yellow and that somehow prevented the third IM40 tile from finishing.

Edit: can't reproduce this effect, so maybe I'm just crazy.

Edit 2: premature stun when the first of three IM40 yellowtile.png resolved and the resulting cascade killed the final enemy of a wave to advance to the next wave.

Comments

• SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I've seen once before where due to the order it resolves countdown tiles, that another tile will finish before the last of IM40's tiles countdown, and this will happen. Not sure it's a simple fix, as it would require the game to change how it tracks all countdown tiles.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    There has to be some special code in place to allow multiple of his tiles to resolve before the stun takes effect. It sounds like that special exception can get interrupted by other events resolving before his next tile.

I doubt this is a new bug, it's probably something being noticed as people start using him more after the buff.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    SirLanik wrote:
    I've seen once before where due to the order it resolves countdown tiles, that another tile will finish before the last of IM40's tiles countdown, and this will happen. Not sure it's a simple fix, as it would require the game to change how it tracks all countdown tiles.
    Actually, this could probably be mostly resolved by using code similar (not entirely identical) to how Phoenix's countdown tile keeps going even when she's downed.