Stark Salary in £

Frank NewCastle
Frank NewCastle Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
May have been raised before, but just wondered...if the Stark Salary costs $99, why does it cost £79 in the UK? icon_question.gif

If the exchange rate is > $1.4/£ then it should be less than £79 surely? Obvs they can charge what they want blah blah blah but just seems unnecessary.

I've bought a couple of SSs before, but I'd be more likely to buy more if I felt I wasn't paying over the odds.

Any idea, or word from Demiurge?

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    The price of Crude Oil.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    May have been raised before, but just wondered...if the Stark Salary costs $99, why does it cost £79 in the UK? icon_question.gif

If the exchange rate is > $1.4/£ then it should be less than £79 surely? Obvs they can charge what they want blah blah blah but just seems unnecessary.

I've bought a couple of SSs before, but I'd be more likely to buy more if I felt I wasn't paying over the odds.

Any idea, or word from Demiurge?

True for just about any currency I imagine. Like all good things EUR, price is the same as USD: 99€ for a Stark
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    To be fair, Apple makes the prices in the app store. Developers just select a price tier and Apple 'translates' the price according to their own matrix. Apple also gets 30% i think. Still a lot of money for a few pixels but just saying.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    VAT is part of the answer.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    It costs $139.99 CAD right now. That roughly equals 70 British Pounds, 90 Euros, and 100 USD.

Sounds like the stark salary should be about 10 Pounds cheaper.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    To be fair, Apple makes the prices in the app store. Developers just select a price tier and Apple 'translates' the price according to their own matrix. Apple also gets 30% i think. Still a lot of money for a few pixels but just saying.
    Well, the prices are the same in Play Store as well so it's not all Apple. As someone already mentioned, higher taxes in the UK probably account for most of the difference.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Well, the prices are the same in Play Store as well so it's not all Apple. As someone already mentioned, higher taxes in the UK probably account for most of the difference.

Check the pricing matrix. I don't know it for google play but 99,- $ is automatically translated to 99,- € and 79,- £. That matrix is set by the appstore, not by developers.

Here's some examples for what a 99 $ app costs depending on region:

99,- € (110 $)
    79,- £ (112 $)
    1.699 MXN (90 $)
    11.800 Yen (103 $)
    7.490 RUB (96 $)