Dev's should open a dialog about skip tax on the forum

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
This is a big change that is affecting a lot of people.

You guys have been pretty available in the past concerning features that are not as impactful as this.

also, I think it might be necessary to post details about each build in the game itself. the link doesnt work in the news panel and I would be surprised if a majority of users would bother quitting the game and manually typing the forum url into their browser (especially on an iPad).

Comments

• There was a lot of dialogue about skip tax. There's an entire thread on the subject on what is now the second page of the forum.
  • sure, there was a lot of dialog before it was implemented. but now it's here. Players are using it and have a lot of feedback about it. The devs should be part of that discussion and it should be a new thread.

I also want to say that people should be less antagonistic to the devs. Of course they care about the game and want to make it better. the more people lash out at them the more your opinion will seem like unreasonable noise and not be productive.
  • I don't think the devs are even aware there was something resembling a dialogue about skip tax. Let's face it, our only feedback channel is IceIX. And given the frequency he tends to be unavailable when bad news hits the board (like the latest ninja price increase on boosts, after assuring that exactly this shouldn't happen again just a few weeks ago), I'd consider this feedback channel broken.

Sorry IceIX, nothing personal, I really do like the information we get from you. I just can't help but notice that it's pretty much one way, any feedback we give only seems to make it to marketing. Meaning that we can complain about perceived broken game mechanics as much as we want, all we can expect is the same functionality worded slightly differently, to make it appear like somebody actually listened to us. It's pretty much like another game I play. There's a community manager to put people's mind at rest, doesn't tire asking for lengthy feedback, he's not even allowed to contact the devs though.
  • There is no dialogue with the Devs.

We will get another announcement from IceX, where he'll say that no mentioning boost price increase was "an honest oversight".

Dialogue and honesty - those words aren't included in their dictionary.