PvE Poll (What is your least favorite type of team to face)

Options
Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, so which type of team is your least favorite to face in PvE in general? I know team combinations can make all of the choices killer but in general, which type of match do you least look forward to. I included Ultron Sentries as a separate entry since they have similarities between goons and characters. For me, I really hate a character paired with two goons/minions. They tend to accelerate AP accumulation before I can effectively eliminate the character and the goons/minions can have potent AoE powers or strike tiles commonly.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    only ones I hate are the ones that end up with 20-30 ap in their first turn - happened a ton over the weekend. those are the only ones that make me curse at this game.

I guess from your poll, wave nodes that start with sentry green dudes. pretty much a given that you'll go into wave 2 with them having 20+ ap in every tinykitty color, so you have to bring stunners. and a nuker. how critical it is depends on how high a level they'll be.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are some very specific combinations of 2 goons 1 character that I dislike, but most of the combos are nice and simple. The character even seems to have a preference for matching the goons countdowns because they are in their strongest colours.

Once the character dies the goons are just fodder.

Whereas certain 3 character combinations are a nightmare, especially when scaling comes to town. The Ock carnage Ultron combo for example is the only node in the current event giving me grief.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    There are some very specific combinations of 2 goons 1 character that I dislike, but most of the combos are nice and simple. The character even seems to have a preference for matching the goons countdowns because they are in their strongest colours.

Once the character dies the goons are just fodder.

Whereas certain 3 character combinations are a nightmare, especially when scaling comes to town. The Ock carnage Ultron combo for example is the only node in the current event giving me grief.

Just imagining a scaled up Juggs/Bullseye/Moonstone is making me nauseous.

On the other hand, that ock carnage ultron node hasnt been giving me too much trouble. Bring a stunner for carnage and that fight gets a LOT easier.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    carnage + anyone
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Least favorite is when you have 2 goons that feed the 1 character ap and they're able to get off a high damage move a lot quicker. Like Hood and 2 Maggia Muscle. He gets off his twin pistols way to often in those types of nodes.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hate anything with a level 300+ Daken on it. You can't ignore those strike tiles anymore at that level, have to save your best nuke for his ****, can't aoe early or it's wasted, and Chemical Reaction wastes you.

**** that guy.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not as bad since the Goon AP generation and needs were slashed in half
    Wasn't it only for a couple of Goons (Muscle and Don) with the rest still feeding like they used to? Or was it for all goons?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't mean to **** on your poll, but those combinations aren't what makes teams awful to face. These suck:

Goons that feed active powers (eg Hood and 2 muscle goons)
    Max lv characters with lots of cheap powers (eg lv395 Ares/Juggs/Daken)
    Carnage with spammy goons
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Carnage with anyone who feeds his red or green or creates strike tiles. Total garbage.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Carnage with spammy goons
    actually, carnage/muscle/muscle might be the worst. or carnage/dino with muscle, blade, daken, px, or falcon would be pretty awful too. carnage with 2 red feeders. not really carnage with 'anything', but cheap goons, cheap strikes, tile buffer, or red feeder. those are all tough. any character with a stupid strong ability (i.e. carnage red, ice green, ice blue, jean (either), kp black (with goon cds), etc) - those with 2 goons feeding that ability. that totally sucks and I believe they put those in for health pack usage. especially if they're on the cp node.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    not really carnage with 'anything', but cheap goons
    I think we're on the same page. That's what I meant by spammy. And the cheap goon abilities are usually strike tiles, which are last thing you want to see with Carnage.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2 Muscles + any character is a pain because once the strike tiles start dropping, you're in a lot of trouble. Especially when everyone is boosted into the level 300+ range.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Part of the issue here is the question.

The worst possible team to face is a character fed by enabling goons. But that's different to my 'least favourite type of team', because most character and two goons teams are walkovers.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All I have to say is Carnage + two Muscles or Carnage + Healer Hammer goon + whatever the 2nd goon was in the Venom Heroic PVE.
    All at stupid over-scaled levels.
    At this point these two fights are the hardest in any PVE.

Almost the entirety of the Meet Rocket & Groot PVE is set up this way as well, especially the essential nodes.
    1st sub is Hood + Yellow feeder goons, 2nd sub is Mystique + Blue & Purple (& Black?) feeder goons, 3rd is Mystique and/or Dr. Doom + Blue & Purple (& Black?) feeder goons.
    As a result it's one of my least favorite PVE's.
    I'd almost even take the over-scaled Sentry PVE, and that's taking into account not being able to use OML or Winfinite for about half of the nodes.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    carnage + anyone

This. But especially Carnage with two goons, and doubly if they feed red.

Carnage is a health pack killer and makes end of sub grinding a real chore.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a category, two characters/one goon is my least favorite unless the goon isn't feeding any character abilities. You can't rush a single nuke to avoid the fed power, or to stop them from moving the board. And you can't focus on clearing countdowns without getting two characters' worth of abilities thrown at you willy-nilly.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Hood + Kishu + KK (or any decent level burst healer really) is my nightmare (I mean, aside from a double red/black goon feeder level 650 IMHB).

You have to down Hood first or he will take all your AP. In the meantime, Kishu is filling up the board with caltrops and trying to make those big protect tiles. KK will burst heal every time the Kishu drops caltrops, smoke bomb, or ninja trickery. While hood is alive, ninja trickery will likely just keep powering up Intimidation (burst heal, quicker smoke bombs). While KK is alive, smoke bombs purpletile.png AP will power up KK's AP generator. Hood will continue to slow you down and speed his team up. The lack of a yellow feeder isn't an issue, the enemy is going to kill you with caltrops.