Rewards and Wave Nodes

mgallop
mgallop Posts: 120
So, I love the changes involving removing the 20 ISO reward for beating a node, but it leaves redoing Wave nodes even worse than before, since you now get no reward for the 2nd/3rd etc win in a wave. These nodes are already really miserable. My suggestion would be to give them 7 possible nodes like every other mission, but only give you the bonus rewards for each wave once.

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i say we do away with all wave pves
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wouldn't be near as bad if you could preview the contents of the waves. I kind of like wave nodes, but hate the anonymous/surprise nature of them. like the level 395 venom at the end of that galactus node. downed a character but I muddled through. if you let me plan/prepare, I don't mind making things hard.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    wouldn't be near as bad if you could preview the contents of the waves. I kind of like wave nodes, but hate the anonymous/surprise nature of them. like the level 395 venom at the end of that galactus node. downed a character but I muddled through. if you let me plan/prepare, I don't mind making things hard.

well i dont have a problem for say 1 time wave nodes but at Grind time i hate having to play Wave nodes 4 to 5 times in a row
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Wave Nodes in PVE should just be 1-time only.
    You beat it once, and that's it. There's already president for this in several other PVE's where some nodes you can only play once. This would make even more sense, as with those you have no idea which ones are replayable and which ones aren't until you play them once. At least here it's pretty clear visual language that = "every time there's a Wave Node, you can only play it fully through once".
    If you happen to die midway through you can play it again, but you won't gain points for the rounds you already beat your first attempt(s).

It would affect total possible points of an event in a pretty significant way, but as long as the progression reward tier amounts were re-balanced taking this into account, it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually like the wave nodes, they just need to tweak things for grinding them down e.g. their levels scale down as the points reduce rather than increasing.
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    I like the survival nodes but at least give us some extras even only 70 iso when finished is better than nothing.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Speaking of waves... The game has an indicator telling us how many enemies are left in the wave... What about an indicator reminding us what wave we're on...