Which LTs do you buy?

IlDuderino
IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just curious as to what you all spend your CP on? I always buy the Classic Legends, I want to finish those three 5* heroes (and have cheaper shots at 4* heroes) and have little interest in BSS. Doubt that will change until I have SS, OML and Phoenix all maxed (and maybe not even then with championing) and most 4*s fully covered, even if they bring in new 5*s. If anyone is buying Latest Legends I would be interested to know why.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    None, at the moment. I've been stockpiling my legendary tokens since the champion system was introduced to build up more 4* characters closer to champion level before opening.
    I have 60 Latest Legends and about 500 CP that I'll probably spend on Classic Legends eventually.
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I have little to no interest in any 5* (except maybe OML) at this point, as I'm still working on getting a few top-tier 4* up and going.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I still buy the latest but am probably unique in that I have OML, Phoenix and BSS but NOT SS. Once OML moves to the classics I will probably start buying those.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Always go with the classics because:

1) Not really a fan of BSS
    2) I'm a cheap bastard!!!
    3) See reason 2
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Always and only classical. Since I have covers for the 3 in there it makes no sense to go for the 4th. When the next 5* will join the show I will buy the classical even more ;P
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's zero reason to buy anything but classics unless your SS is already cover-maxed. Or I guess if you really have a thing for BSS. I want to get as many covers for the older 5*s as possible before the pool gets diluted and it becomes that much harder to get covers for any one particular 5*.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    I still buy the latest but am probably unique in that I have OML, Phoenix and BSS but NOT SS. Once OML moves to the classics I will probably start buying those.
    OML and Phoenix are currently available in both Latest Legendary and Classic Legendary tokens. You are basically paying 5CP a pop for a chance to get Spiderman instead of Surfer.
  • Orion wrote:
    There's zero reason to buy anything but classics unless your SS is already cover-maxed. Or I guess if you really have a thing for BSS. I want to get as many covers for the older 5*s as possible before the pool gets diluted and it becomes that much harder to get covers for any one particular 5*.

Yeah, it's pretty much "Until God Doom is released and he wipes the floor with other 5*s, why would you spend more CP?"
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Krongle wrote:
    I have little to no interest in any 5* (except maybe OML) at this point, as I'm still working on getting a few top-tier 4* up and going.

me too - already sold 4 (2oml, one ph and one ss) covers, so always the cheaper ones.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Neither yet, but when the time comes, I expect to unload all CP on Classics.

All tokens earned in game are 'Latest' so I'll have that end well-covered.

Should I ever .... EVER be so advanced as to only need the 'Latest' 3 5*s, then I would spend CP on Latest tokens, until I had the 5*s coverd enough to justify saving up and buying 5*s directly.

That's going to be .... awhile.

As much as I like the switch to 25CP progessions, I do miss seeing my pile of LTs grow. Stuck at 62 for a while now ... So few ways to earn one now. 4* DDQ ... and ... uhh ... ummmm ....
    ...And championing 3*s. My #1 source for Legendary Tokens since January 7, 2016.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is OML in Classic?

Then Classic until he's got some Yellow.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Classic because it's cheaper and I don't care about 5* - still need tons of 4* covers.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I care about is winning more OMLs! And maybe some SS's and Phoenix's, I guess... I have no interest in BSS! I'll never get enough covers for him to be useful forever. Plus I'm still confused that he's such a weak character normally, but then he puts on a different costume and then becomes super powerful??? It makes no sense.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell wrote:
    Krongle wrote:

me too - already sold 4 (2oml, one ph and one ss) covers, so always the cheaper ones.

Wow! Really? You have already sold 4 5* covers (the end game reward currently) and you keep opening tokens? Why? What is the reason behind it?

Were you that scared of the scaling? (i didn't notice much of a change when I had 3 5* and no 4* above 200 lvl) I will keep turning my head in disbelief for couple of minutes now... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • I've sold 7 5* and counting, and it is exactly because of the scaling. My roster is a decent number of 3*s at 166 (+champion levels) and no 4* nearly usable.

In an average PvP I'm fighting Jean Busters past 800 points, but up until then I'm facing unboosted maxed 3*s or boosted 2*s.

With 2 Phoneix covers and 1 OML cover I was facing 4* teams straight from finishing the seed teams. After 2 events of that I sold the 3 covers then was back to normal for the next event. I'll start collecting 5*s once I have a maxed 4*.

I'm well aware the time will never actually come when I have usable 5*s, and have accepted that. That's the price I pay for only having played this game for one year instead of two. I will always be sharply behind the curve.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I don't know if this is outside what you want to know, but since you're asking about CP, what about options for saving for 4*s (120) or 5*s (720)? With my high-value 4*s nearly covered, and with the increased availability of CP, that's an option I'm considering pretty strongly right now.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    I'm in the position where I have a few fully covered 4's (XFW, 4hor, Star-Lord, IW), but really need the final cover or two to push my Hulkbuster, Deadpool, or even Fury over the hump.

So there's no merit to overpaying.