Position selection

Banacek555
Banacek555 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi - could someone explain what difference it makes if you place a character on left, middle or right?

Comments

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    On offense, the distinction for what color is designated as strongest among characters with equal strength for tile match is determined by positioning in this order: center > left > right. That's about it.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Does anybody else struggle like I do when rearranging characters? It's a minute long ordeal sometimes. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends on the team, but for the most part no, I don't.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Ruinate wrote:
    Does anybody else struggle like I do when rearranging characters? It's a minute long ordeal sometimes. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I wish there was a quick way to switch the order of the three you've chosen.
    As it is now, you have to unselect one of them with a temp character you aren't going to use, and swap them around that way.
    The easiest way would be if you swipe left/right on a character in your selected area, it just changes their positions.

Not the most friendly UI interaction, but on their "stuff to clean up" list it it's probably ranks below "update the mobile version's battle UI to always show AP totals (and other minor updates)", so we know when this will happen.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I struggle with my 2*'s. I have four maxed, and for most DDQ's I want them Thor -> OBW -> Storm. But rarely do I end with 2* one day and start with it the next day. So the process is often:

OBW->Storm->Thor (game loaded, wrong)
    Ares->Storm->Thor
    Ares->OBW->Thor
    Ares->OBW->Storm
    Thor->OBW->Storm

That's quite a shuffle to get the order correct.

The other load issue I have now is just finding the 3*'s, since they are a jumble of places with championing. If I want Patch/Daken or Fist/Cage, it is a lot of scroll to find them. It would be nice to be able to sort by rarity.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    What would be really helpful is if they show the match value of boosted characters so I can get the right order. Currently, at least on Steam, when you look at the character for match values it only shows you the un-boosted stats for the character. I would like to know the boosted values so I can position my team correctly and know just how much damage their powers will do before I go into battle. This is actually a really needed improvement.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I struggle with my 2*'s. I have four maxed, and for most DDQ's I want them Thor -> OBW -> Storm. But rarely do I end with 2* one day and start with it the next day. So the process is often:

Ares->Storm->Thor
    Ares->OBW->Thor
    Ares->OBW->Storm
    Thor->OBW->Storm

The other load issue I have now is just finding the 3*'s, since they are a jumble of places with championing. If I want Patch/Daken or Fist/Cage, it is a lot of scroll to find them. It would be nice to be able to sort by rarity.

Couldn't you just swap Storm and Thor? OBW and Thor share no colours so centre vs left is immaterial for them.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Ares->Storm->Thor
    Ares->OBW->Thor
    Ares->OBW->Storm
    Thor->OBW->Storm

Couldn't you just swap Storm and Thor? OBW and Thor share no colours so centre vs left is immaterial for them.

Because of the different in health, having OBW take teamups over Thor can be significant.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Ares->Storm->Thor
    Ares->OBW->Thor
    Ares->OBW->Storm
    Thor->OBW->Storm

Because of the different in health, having OBW take teamups over Thor can be significant.

Except my model has Thor in the centre, so I'm still not seeing it...
  • Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Also, if you are used to a particular setup, you expect the powers to be available in a certain order.
    More than once have I accidentally fired an Anti-Gravity Device instead of unleashing a Windstorm when OBW and CStorm have switched places in the past... icon_redface.gif