Best place to play?

Options
I just got the new Xbox One version of the game and I'm loving it. However I feel as if its missing a lot of content. Theres a collector side of me that wants to get all the characters and covers....it seems as though there are a lot more in the PC version. There is a select screen but Its filled with locked silhouettes. For example I have know idea if Cyclops is in the Xbox One version or not. I'm loving the game and mechanics and I'm totally invested. I just would like to know which version would be worth my time. I also don't see any Daily's are Special Events. Thanks for all your opinions icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Welcome to MPQ! Unfortunately, the console version is an earlier build, and a lot of content is indeed missing. The game is also available on mobile (android, ios) and pc (steam) platforms, with full content.

Add: as far as which version is preferable, it depends. The problem with the "full" version is that if you are the pokemon gotta-catch-them-all type of player, it would be very difficult and expensive to try to get every character in the game. For example, you need to buy slots to expand your roster (when other games don't restrict you in this manner) and the amount you earn in game in hero points is not enough. Indeed, the publisher has indicated that the sale of character slots is a major source of revenue, and there is little chance of slots being removed from the game.
  • Turbosmooth
    Options
    The console version is $15 and the end might be tangible. It is incomplete and not the definitive edition.
    The PC/mobile version is free but could easily dump $1000's to progress faster and new content is always added. It is very competitive and demands a lot of time to keep up.
    So it is personal preference. I wish there was a demo of the console version so I could compare more.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As a fellow sufferer of "I want them all" syndrome, you chose the right version. There's actually a chance of completion in the console version - even if you threw 6 figures down to get all of the characters in the mobile version, a new one will just come out in 2-3 weeks. And then there are 5*s...

Though if you're trying to break the "I want them all" habit, this game sure as hell will punish you until it breaks.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The answer to the question in the thread title is always "the can"
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've found the best place to play is on the toilet. Nobody disturbs me there.
  • edwar368
    edwar368 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have the Steam version and have played over 1500 hours, I also have an Xbox one and so took interest in the XBox One launch, but decided against it after realising its essentially a different game. But as some have said, it depends on your type of play and what you want out of it. The Xbox One is missing quite a few elements and as such can be "Finished" whilst the Steam version is almost impossible to finish unless you spend thousands and even then its a random chance and they still release new stuff. But... I don't want to finish, I enjoy playing and always trying to get iso to level and the random chance from the cards. I feel the free to play model in the case of Steam Puzzle quest isn't so bad. You will almost definitely have to spend money to at least unlock more slots, but if you play and choose carefully and win coins whilst playing, your costs can be kept low. Over the 18 months I have played I have only ever brought coins to buy slots and have brought them 3 times at a total cost of around £45 - The rest I have won the coins playing, or by removing one stars I no longer needed. I love this game and don't want to "finish", so prefer the steam version
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I assumed this was poll and came prepared to vote for 'on the toilet'
    The difficulty of playing the Xbox one version on the toilet definitely counts against it here as well.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    evil panda wrote:
    The answer to the question in the thread title is always "the can"

I would like to know how many people clicked on this thread assuming this was its actual theme.

Because, uh, I sure didn't!