*Answered* Should I open Legendaries?

Options
AaronTheLuigi
AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
My Roster Link
Original post below.
I opened my Legendaries. As I have a good selection of championed 3-stars I feel I can take the brunt of 5 scaling while my 3's are able to go up to 240's.
Right now I can open up 10 Latest Legendaries (using hoarded tokens) and 9 Classic Legendaries (using commandpoints.png ), but want to get an idea of how badly others in my position handle PvP.

(I don't really play PvE ever sans Gauntlet, and even then I hear PvE is based on who you use rather than who you roster.)

Ignoring Roster Slot prices (I have enough imcoin.png ) and Iso costs (as it is I save up to level/champ 3-stars one at a time) is it worth jeopardizing my PvP performance to get a jump on the 3-4 star.png transition? Mind you I don't play this game as feverently as my roster may leave you to believe; I rarely exceed 500 points in PvP as is because of real-life time constraints, which are not helped by me being a Steam player. The teams I face now are largely maxed/boosted 3-stars with a dash of max, non-boosted 4-stars thrown in.

As you can see I already have a 1 cover Surfer, but I haven't noticed any difference in PvP opponents since rostering him. I'm worried, however, I may fall into a trap where I only have my boosted star.pngstar.pngstar.png champions as useable in the event I roster a Spider-Man, Phoenix or OML, which is why I'm hesitant in opening these tokens.

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You're already past the 3* phase and should be into the 4* transition now. Any scaling from recruiting more 5* will be minimal. I'll open them now since you're chances of pulling useful covers are high. Waiting means you may get more 4* dupes as your 4* roster gain covers. Then the tokens will be really worthless (selling covers for ISO) cause you will be struggling to max and champion many 4* due to the amount of ISO you need for each.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pongie wrote:
    You're already past the 3* phase and should be into the 4* transition now. Any scaling from recruiting more 5* will be minimal. I'll open them now since you're chances of pulling useful covers are high. Waiting means you may get more 4* dupes as your 4* roster gain covers. Then the tokens will be really worthless (selling covers for ISO) cause you will be struggling to max and champion many 4* due to the amount of ISO you need for each.
    Thanks for convincing me to gun it.
    19 tokens and the only 5 was a Phoneix Green, which I can live with.
    Built up my Cyclops and Elektra a bit while getting bits and pieces of other characters.
    Ideally I'd have gotten my first Iceman and Teen Jean covers, but those will have to wait.