Player AP goes down on Enemy Turn

This only seems to happen when the enemy fires an ability and it's not consistent in any way. It also seems to be PVE specific. I watched it happen on the Kingpin essential node on the deadpool pve for the gwen covers. On first clear, red hulk had full green to AOE. Starlord yellow fires and the green goes down and now I can't use the ability. It went down by two. Then on the second clear, Vision fired his lightning fast blue ability and I watched the meters drain again. I double checked that Starlord and Vision don't have any abilities that would intentionally reduce my AP pool. And I've definitely seen this before, it feels like I'm just losing my mind and maybe I didn't have as much AP as I thought.

Please look into it. I'll try to repro the issue.

Virulent666
Galaxy S5

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're sure Star-Lord didn't fire his red along with his yellow?
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I notice it now and then also.

I notice it against BP all the time. It is like he has a hidden AP steal ability.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh, I think I've noticed this too. Like I swear I have enough AP to fire off an ability while the AI's making its move, but when my turn comes up, I suddenly don't have enough AP. And I'm definitely not playing Star-Lord since this has been happening in the DP PVE.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    In order to accurately assess what you believe is happening and what might be happening, more information is needed in situations like this.

1. Enemy characters, both names and levels, enemy team up
    2. Your three characters, their levels and covers, and your team ups
    3. You stated it happened on the Kingpin essential node in the Deadpool PVE. Have you seen it happen elsewhere?
    4. Which colors were drained, and by how much?

All of this information is needed if we hope to paint an accurate picture of such an unusual bug. I did not personally encounter any issue with AP going missing during nodes of the Deadpool PVE.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel that I've noticed this as well. Not counting times I'm playing against Hood. I have two powers flashing, then I use one, and then the next turn, I can't use the other.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Some powers drain AP from your other pools as well. Could this be what's happening?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are also a few Goon abilities that reduce player AP; Soldier purple (reduces red, green, and yellow) and there's a brotherhood purple as well that drains a few AP from 2-3 pools.

Sounds like Oldest Trick in the Book is the culprit here, though.