The tokens of season XXIII

El Satanno
El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
It's me again, opening up all the tokens I amassed across season XXIII. If you care, here it is again. As always, only three-star or better pulls are represented here.

The hoard
  • 257 silver tokens
  • 143 mixed gold tokens
  • 1 Heroic 10-pack
  • 29 legendary tokens + 297 CoPs

The pulls:
Silver tokens
Iron Fist (black)
Punisher (green)
Human Torch (black)
Scarlet Witch (blue)
Hood (yellow)
Black Widow (green)
Kamala (purple)
Gamora (green)
Patch (green)
Quicksilver (green)

Heroic Gold tokens (50)
Iron Man (red)
Psylocke (black, red)
Vision (yellow)
Iceman (green)
Daredevil (purple x2)
Cyclops (yellow)
Wolverine (X-Force) (black)
Mystique (blue)
Elektra's **** **** (purple)
Thor (red)

Heroic 10-pack
Thor (red), Blade (green), Quicksilver (black), Doctor Doom (black)

Blue Shift (3)
4* Thor (yellow)

The Gauntlet (3)
Storm (green)
Quicksilver (green)

Juggernaut: Heroic (6)
Deadpool (X-Force) (black)

Venom: Heroic (6)
Deadpool (red)
Psylocke (black)

Galactus Hungers (5)
Jean Grey (purple)
Patch (green)
Bullseye (black)

Black Vortex (3)
Carnage (green)

Balance of Power (3)
Kamala (purple)

Blind Justice (3)
Gamora (red)

Teenage Riot (3)
Colossus (red)
Mystique (blue)

Hollowpoint Kiss (3)
Sentry (red)
Scarlet Witch (blue)

Smash Hit (3)
Hulk (black)

Predator & Prey (3)
Black Panther (blue)
Iceman (blue)

Prodigal Sun (2, vault)
Mystique (blue)

Legendary tokens (29 + 14 from CoPs)
Venom (yellow x2, black)
Miles (yellow x2, purple)
Hulkbuster (blue, red x2, black)
Elektra's **** **** (red x3, black, purple)
Jean Grey (green)
Thing (yellow)
Nova (yellow, black)
Ghost Rider (black x2)
Ant-Man (purple)
Star-Turd (purple)
Iceman (blue, green, purple)
Kingpin (black x2, yellow)
Manure/Cho (black, green)
Professor X (purple, blue)
X-23 (green, purple)
Bag Lady (green)
Logan (black)
Rulk (purple, red)
Cyclops (red)
Carnage (green)
Phoenix (purple)
Wolverine (X-Force) (yellow)

Total Iso from cover sales and champion rewards: 92,080

Observations and (purely subjective) conclusions:
  1. Silver tokens continue to pay out handsomely, relatively speaking. 10 gold pulls, and thanks to championing, all valuable. Thanks, silver tokens!
  2. T'was a good haul for my Iceman and Rulk, who both are now just one cover shy of champion positioning. I lucked out in not pulling 6th covers for either of them. Conversely, the opposite was true for my poor Thing and X-23: Both pulls (yellow and green, respectively) were a 6th and both of them still have fewer than 10 covers. Boo.
  3. Thank hell I didn't have to see Faptain's useless face at all. But he was replaced by Elektra! FIVE god-damn covers! What diabolical twist of algorithmic fate leads me to pull considerable amounts of a **** character every season?! If I pull 5+ Star-Turd, Manure/Cho, or Mr. **** next season, I'm gonna need a tinfoil hat. (PS: Elektra sucks horrible, horrible ****.) For the record, it is still completely unacceptable that any 4* character is as bad as that bunch. In protest, I've used all the Iso gained from selling those useless covers to level up my 2* Magneto some more. Because I'd rather use 2* Magneto over them!
  4. Two five-star pulls out of 43 legendary tokens. If one didn't end up being a much-needed Logan black, I'd be one of those disgruntled people who never shut up about these things. I'm still unimpressed by the rate, but since that puts my Logan at 1/2/3 I'm not too put off. At least until the next 5* is released who ends up even more crazy OP than Logan. Boy oh boy am I looking forward to that.
  5. I'm now hip-deep in Iso needs. I am forced to decide between leveling my Logan now and enjoying the level of security that comes with a decent 5*, or maxing and championing Kingpin to avoid wasting his covers once more. This should be an easy choice as Logan will actually improve my roster, but I can't help needing to get maximum value from those covers...Ugh...

That's it! Back to hoarding for another season!

Comments