Which 4* (or 5*) to Level Next?

Options
jobob
jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
edited February 2016 in Roster and Level Help
So I have a good core of Championed 4*, plus a very useful 5* (OML). I am wondering who to start taking to champion level next... or if perhaps I should bring my other 5*'s up to their max level...

I would like for whoever I go after next to add something more to depth... For example, help complete a great pair/team with my other high level characters... provide a big boost to my defensive teams... make PVE easier or require fewer Health Packs, etc. Someone who will make a noticeable impact in the game for me, if possible.

So here is my roster so far:

5*
405/405 - OML (2/3/5) - Obviously he's a focal point of my teams
300/345 - JGP (3/1/2) - Decent character... not sure if it's worth 121k ISO to take her to 345 though
285/330 - SS (1/1/3) - Not really considering taking him up (114k ISO), as he won't add that much match damage (can't see taking him over OML and they share 2 colors)
255/300 - BiB (0/1/2) - I guess he is the opposite in colors of OML... just don't see him being worth the 89k ISO to max

4* CHAMPIONS
287 - XFW
286 - GT
282 - IMHB
280 - Iceman
278 - JG
273 - Cyclops

3* CHAMPIONS (just the key ones that fit into the teams)
196 - KK
193 - IF
193 - R&G
193 - Thor
192 - BP
191 - SW
190 - Hood
188 - GSBW
188 - Daken
187 - Cage
186 - Mags
186 - Patch

4*'s (Fully covered that I am considering taking up)
190 - Carnage - He is annoying on defense... but will taking him to 270 and sticking him in there really help me any on defense over what I already have?
190 - Flaptain - Fun character, but I'm not sure going up is worth it
175 - ProfX - I think he benefits a lot from being able to respec... and taking him up means he tanks more, and the 3/5/5 PVE damage/shield can get insane. I just don't know if I would use him that often, and obviously if he's tanking, he's taking damage so his usefulness in high level PVE is largely dependent on how quickly I can get out the Blind Spot tile.
170 - XFDP - Another one that I would like to have a free respec for... Also seems decent for high-level PVE due to the healing and the retaliation power. Is he a big upgrade on defense over my current roster?
170 - Kingpin
170 - Nova - He's a good character... but I can't see a reason to take him over my 405 OML, so championing seems like a waste of ISO.
170 - X23 - I am strongly considering her... another one that benefits from the respec, but she is another self-healer that would help me survive high-level PVE... but only when she's tanking colors (hence the interest in potentially leveling her up)
160 - AntMan - He's a really fun character, but not one I build around other than to do something different... but maybe this changes at max level?
160 - Rulk - Okay, in a vacuum, he would be the no-brainer out of this group to champion... but the issue for me is how he fits into my roster and if he's really an improvement (or enough of one to justify ~300k ISO). On offense, I have pink/green pretty well covered with Iceman and JG. On defense... same question as with XFDP and Carnage... is he that much scarier than my current champs?
155 - Thing - Does add something a little different. Is that yellow a big boost to a defensive team? I can see it negating a ton of damage in PVE as well... but does taking him to champ defeat the purpose a little (keeping him out front more, making his yellow less consistent?)
150 - Elektra - I know she isn't considered top-tier... but she does bring some unique stuff to the table with all 3 moves. With strike tiles being such a huge part of endgame, her red gives another damage source to be increased, and her purple can steal some amazing tiles. Also her black is the only way to totally negate damage (I think). So she's another I am considering... but I am nervous to sink so much ISO into her.
150 - Star Lord - Similarly to Elektra, he does some unique things. His yellow makes Iceman crazy fast, for example. I think he benefits from the respec more than most. Also similarly to Elektra, I'm nervous about sinking ISO into him.
140 - GR - I like the attack tiles, and I like the "finisher" capability of his black. I am just not sure that either are improved that much by taking him up, as attack tile damage is now mostly a product of the strike tiles that modify them, and the Penance stare damage is totally level-independent.
115 - Venom - I haven't seen much in the way of high-level Venoms yet... I could see the green being nasty in PVE, and the yellow is a good power. Black seems situationally useful, but is level-independent.

4*s (Fully covered, but I am not considering taking to champ... let me know if I am wrong about any of these)
170 - MrF
170 - Fury
120 - TAHulk

So... who should I go with next? Would you hold off championing another 4* and take the 5*s as high as they can go first? Or level everyone across the board evenly.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a bit like asking the Salvation army forum the following.
    I have a red Ferrari F40, yellow Lamborghini Murciallego, Black Pagani Zonda and a classic Ford Mustand GT from 1969. Not sure which one to use when I will go to the airport for my skiing holidays in the Swiss Alps. Any advise?

It doesn't really matter who you invest iso in at this stage of the game. Find a hero you enjoy playing with more and go for it.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Haha, fair enough... I will trade my roster for any of those cars, though, if anyone is interested icon_razz.gif

In all seriousness, I do wonder if it's worth putting ISO into the other 5*'s at this point, or if I should stick with the 4*s.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    truthfully you've asked for input on a subject that really only a handful of people have first-hand knowledge about. my guess is that most with high level 5*s will probably say xpool is the next logical one because you have to be taking on 5*s in pvp and that extra free damage for each turn really helps. I'd still do rulk to give you options, and to run when he's boosted - that's a huge health pool and a devastating meganuke, especially when boosted. after that, its probably preference.