Suggested scaling formula if the scaling test doesn't work

HaywireII
HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
I'm hoping that the scaling test goes really well and that really soon everyone with 1 cover 5* characters isn't getting crushed by enemies scaled far beyond what their rosters can manage. If by any chance things don't work out I put together a proposed formula for scaling characters based on level and number of covers.

The basic idea is that you have an effective level that is lower than your actual level if you don't have 13 covers. The effective level calculation is based on the tier of the character and includes a static scaling constant that can be tweaked to get the desired effective level curve. Here's the code I threw together to do it.

static int CalculateEffectiveLevel(int level, int stars, int covers)
{
int scaling = 125;
int missingCoverValue = (stars - 1) * scaling * scaling;
int subtractedLevels = (13 - covers) * missingCoverValue / 10000;

return level - subtractedLevels;

}

Using this a 1 cover 5* gets an effective level of 180 while a level 150 4* (event boosted) with only 3 covers gets an effective level of 103. I think this gives a decent approximation of relative character strength with very little change needed.

As I said I hope the scaling test D3 is planning goes well but I thought I'd through this out there anyway.

Comments

• Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Man, anything that makes opening a 5* not a pain in you know where is appreciated. Atm, I have sold TWO 5* covers because they messed up my scaling. Opening any 5* should be a joy, not a source of pained groan.